Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried or have any ideas on moving the EVIC button to somewhere on the steering wheel. The button is in an inconvenient location for pressing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do I agree with you on this one! It's dangerous to be reaching through the wheel while driving because you want to check a different display. I'd like to see the button moved to the steering wheel but I'd also like to see the screen moved to the center of the dash perhaps where the space beneath the radio/CD is. Or better yet integrate it in with the radio so with the push of a button you either have the CD screen or the EVIC info.

rob

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Heads up display. Then you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
HUD is a great idea. Didn't someone post about that at one time - that they'd ordered one and wanted to know how to access the CAN bus? I don't believe that they ever posted back about their experience. :(

Joe

·
Dodge Caliber Forums
1,295 Posts
Lefties to the rescue!

Yeah, I had a bad time with that button too. Then, I started using my left hand to change the button setting & it became a little easier reaching thru the steering wheel. Still not the best, but less distracting from your driving.

·
Dodge Caliber Forums
1,295 Posts
better way to EVIC?

Been looking at the EVIC button some more. Now I wonder if using the right hand may be better. You don't have to reach throw the steering wheel with your right hand as you would with your left hand. First, while not looking at the instrument panel, feel the steering wheel on the left side of your right hand & reach behind the steering wheel. Then feel the windshield wiper control on the bottom of your hand & reach over the control. Continue stretching your hand & your hand is almost guided to the little EVIC button after that without looking away from the road view.

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
I recently purchased a Caliber R/T, and so far I?m in love. I only have one complaint, the inconvenient positioning of the button that lets you change your compass & temp gage.
Finally - Jeep have a nice steering wheel in the 2011 WRANGLER.

The EVIC buttons are on the left and Cruise on the right on the front, hopefully the stereo controls are still on the back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have an caliber but I bought it used. I have tried pressing the button for the evic but I'm not even sure if I have this option. How can I find out if I have it or not?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
So I have an caliber but I bought it used. I have tried pressing the button for the evic but I'm not even sure if I have this option. How can I find out if I have it or not?
There will be 2 buttons. The one on the left will control the EVIC. The one the right will control the odo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts