Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just got an 08 SRT4 and while driving it around the obd light came on. Got a code reader and the error was P2261 Turbo Bypass mechanical. Deleted the code but a few days later it came back on, I did some looking around the engine and it looks like some took off the sstock surge vaalve and put a block off plate on it, then capped the red hose out of solenoid 1. The BOV has a flutter to it when the OBD light isn't on. I don't have alot of experience dealing with turbo'd cars. Any Ideas? Did someone put on an aftermarket BOV and just screw the installation? or is this a failed solenoid delete? I just got the car with 37k miles on it, don't know what anyone else has done to it but i haven't done anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same car and having the exact same problem. Its killing me because i cant figure it out, When the code comes on it pretty much shuts the turbo down until i clear it. But i know that we are having the same problem but im trying to figure out if it is from a boost leak. How many psi's do you push in 1st gear? also 2nd? And while youre doing a pull does it go up and down on the gauge? Thanks hopefully we can get this figured out!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I have the exact same car and having the exact same problem. Its killing me because i cant figure it out, When the code comes on it pretty much shuts the turbo down until i clear it. But i know that we are having the same problem but im trying to figure out if it is from a boost leak. How many psi's do you push in 1st gear? also 2nd? And while youre doing a pull does it go up and down on the gauge? Thanks hopefully we can get this figured out!
Part of doing the turbo upgrade and adding the MSK1 flash includes the changing of some of the vacuum lines. I have sent you a pm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, i just got an 08 SRT4 and while driving it around the obd light came on. Got a code reader and the error was P2261 Turbo Bypass mechanical. Deleted the code but a few days later it came back on, I did some looking around the engine and it looks like some took off the sstock surge vaalve and put a block off plate on it, then capped the red hose out of solenoid 1. The BOV has a flutter to it when the OBD light isn't on. I don't have alot of experience dealing with turbo'd cars. Any Ideas? Did someone put on an aftermarket BOV and just screw the installation? or is this a failed solenoid delete? I just got the car with 37k miles on it, don't know what anyone else has done to it but i haven't done anything.
did you get this resolved? i'm having the same problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts