Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Caliber is a 2009 sxt model with a 2.0 engine with 92,202 miles on it, and a hydrostatic like tranny. my problem started a week ago, the car was riding along fine at about 45mph, started sputtering, went to 12 mph max, rough idling, lightning bolt light flashed 3 times then stayed on, turned it off, started fine ran fine no light on, the next day it did the same thing. turned it off sat a minute started and ran fine, lightning bolt light out. the next morning, started right up, but rough idle at 1200rpms, only max accelerate to 2500, check engine light on, towed it to AutoZone, 16 codes came up. so I cleaned the throttle body to perfection, reinstalled with new gasket, changed all 4 coil over plugs and 4 new copper NGK plugs, did compression check, 130-150 lbs on all cylinders, removed fuel rail cleaned all 4 injectors, same spray pattern on all 4 and clean spray, put on new air filter and cam positioning sensor, most of the time, BandC don't fire and at times they do and AandD dont, I left the battery cables off numerous time even tieing them together and nothing, same starting right up but idles at 1200, 2500 max and Im tired and lost, runs like crap check engine light still on, tired of towing this thing it should be running fine, any help for me and it would be appreciated...

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
My Caliber is a 2009 sxt model with a 2.0 engine with 92,202 miles on it, and a hydrostatic like tranny. my problem started a week ago, the car was riding along fine at about 45mph, started sputtering, went to 12 mph max, rough idling, lightning bolt light flashed 3 times then stayed on, turned it off, started fine ran fine no light on, the next day it did the same thing. turned it off sat a minute started and ran fine, lightning bolt light out. the next morning, started right up, but rough idle at 1200rpms, only max accelerate to 2500, check engine light on, towed it to AutoZone, 16 codes came up. so I cleaned the throttle body to perfection, reinstalled with new gasket, changed all 4 coil over plugs and 4 new copper NGK plugs, did compression check, 130-150 lbs on all cylinders, removed fuel rail cleaned all 4 injectors, same spray pattern on all 4 and clean spray, put on new air filter and cam positioning sensor, most of the time, BandC don't fire and at times they do and AandD dont, I left the battery cables off numerous time even tieing them together and nothing, same starting right up but idles at 1200, 2500 max and Im tired and lost, runs like crap check engine light still on, tired of towing this thing it should be running fine, any help for me and it would be appreciated...

Without knowing what codes; there isn't much help I can give. Sounds like all you did was treat symptoms and not the cause.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do you have a listing of the codes? Sounds almost like you have a bad ground and are shorting out to the body. That would cause all of the electronics to go nutty at the same time. Does it happen at the same spot or around the same time after driving? Also are you hitting pot holes and then it is happening or is it just rolling on flat pavement?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts