Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My first post and have question.
I have a 2007 dodge caliber se 2.0 not under warrenty

My etc light is on. Symptoms include rough idle, little response from gas pedal, buckling. I have read serveral threads on this site with numerous resolutions to the issue.

I have limited means to get this repaired. I have read in another thread that a tsb #18-031-07 Flash: launch performance/ driveability enhancements. Is this all my car needs is the computer updated? Should I just replace the etc? I know that I should get it put on the machine at the dealer but dont have the means to. Any advise would be welcomed. The etc its self costs 100.00 from dealer and I have a guy that will install it. Any advice would be welcome.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Hello everyone. My first post and have question.
I have a 2007 dodge caliber se 2.0 not under warrenty

My etc light is on. Symptoms include rough idle, little response from gas pedal, buckling. I have read serveral threads on this site with numerous resolutions to the issue.

I have limited means to get this repaired. I have read in another thread that a tsb #18-031-07 Flash: launch performance/ driveability enhancements. Is this all my car needs is the computer updated? Should I just replace the etc? I know that I should get it put on the machine at the dealer but dont have the means to. Any advise would be welcomed. The etc its self costs 100.00 from dealer and I have a guy that will install it. Any advice would be welcome.
If you don't have a code reader; try getting it to an auto parts store that will read the codes for free. Then post the codes here for further help. The ETC light will come on for anything from a pedal issue, PCM, or throttle body issue. Codes will narrow it down. It maybe as simple as doing a TIPM reset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts