Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
electronic stablilty program.

Hey guys. there was a blizzard in my city today and i had to drive my caliber. It has the electronic stability program. It got really slippery out there but noticed no dash lights, as to if the stability feature kicked in. Do you know if the security pkg includes traction control ? My salesman told me it had it but i don't see a button or a switch, or is it just an automatic computerized thing ? if it is a cpu prompted thing, shouldn't some indicator light be present like other manufactures?

thanks again guys,

K-Man # 32

G

·
0 Posts
Floor it in the snow and see if you get that light.

You probably just have ABS. If you have ESP, there should be a switch for it by the shifter that says ESP.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i don't know, (i don't have it on mine) but did it feel like stability control was doing stuff?

i wondered if its worth it for me to have this added (if possible) to mine

my wifes subaru impreza has their 'world class' stability control, and it is quite amazing. its a little hard to 'throw' the car. there is no light on the subaru.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
electronic stablility program

the sales contract says i have the ESP but i have no visual switch or knob. The car does come with ABS but i;m not sure if i have the traction control as my sales person states i do. I do have the customer preferred pkg 24d. Anyone knows what that consists of ?

thanks,

K-Man # 32

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
Hey guys. there was a blizzard in my city today and i had to drive my caliber. It has the electronic stability program. It got really slippery out there but noticed no dash lights, as to if the stability feature kicked in. Do you know if the security pkg includes traction control ? My salesman told me it had it but i don't see a button or a switch, or is it just an automatic computerized thing ? if it is a cpu prompted thing, shouldn't some indicator light be present like other manufactures?

thanks again guys,

K-Man # 32
I have pasted a paragraph about the ESP/ TCS from the owners manual. If you check the manual out it will show you where the light is located and how to turn it off.

ESP/TCS Indicator Light​
The “ESP/TCS Indicator Light” located in the instrument
cluster, starts to flash as soon as the tires lose traction and
the ESP system becomes active. The “ESP/TCS Indicator
Light” also flashes when TCS is active. If the “ESP/TCS
Indicator Light” begins to flash during acceleration, ease
up on the accelerator and apply as little throttle as
possible. Be sure to adapt your speed and driving to the
prevailing road conditions.​
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE 119​

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so correct me if im wrong y'all, if i don't have the ESP off button beside my emergency flasher button then my car isn't equipped with the Electronic Stability Program ?

thanks,

K-Man # 32

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do any of you caliber owners have the ESP feature in your car without the ESP off button beside your emergency flasher button ? I was just wondering because I have the Security pkg in my car yet no ESP off button so I was wondering if indeed i had the feature or just abs.

Thanks guys and please overlook my multiple posts on a similar topic.

Have a great weekend,

K-Man # 32

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I have a button that can turn it off, I suppose if you don't have the button, you don't have ESP.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you think the on off switch for the ESP is only for AWD ? and is automatic for FWD ???

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
do you think the on off switch for the ESP is only for AWD ? and is automatic for FWD ???
Not sure, but I don't imagine they should be any different. The easiest way to know if you have it, is to check the window sticker from when you bought it.

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
Do any of you caliber owners have the ESP feature in your car without the ESP off button beside your emergency flasher button ? I was just wondering because I have the Security pkg in my car yet no ESP off button so I was wondering if indeed i had the feature or just abs.

Thanks guys and please overlook my multiple posts on a similar topic.

Have a great weekend,

K-Man # 32
You do not have the ESP/TCS in your Caliber. I just noticed it was a 2007. In 2007 the ESP/TCS was not part of the Security Package like it is on the 2008 models. It was a separate option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts