Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Squirrel
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed cruise control....works great (Steering wheel is a little off center) :Racing:

Changed breaks.....Great :smileup:

Starter engaged when i turned on HIDs.....happens rarely. :shakehead:

NOW........ There is a rattle in the engine. My dad looked at it too thinks it is a pulley and matches the description of the alternator problem that a few others on here have describes. So we are thinking its one or the other.

AND......... When i press on the brakes my front parking lights turn on..... :doh: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS THING!?!?!?!

Oh yeah my Caliber has LED brake lights, LED Parking light/Turn signals in the front.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Did it do this before you installed the cruise control? I'd recheck your wiring to make sure it is correct and no other wires were disturbed.

"Starter engaged when i turned on HIDs.....happens rarely." Should NEVER happen!!
I'd get rid of the HID's before you lose a starter, battery, or have an underhood fire!!
In my "learned" opinion, the only HID's that are "safe" to use are the factory-installed upgraded ones on the latest models of cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd have to agree with Dave. Get rid of the HID's and check your wiring, sounds like you crossed some wires somewhere and everything's going screwy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts