Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone im due to go away in a few days on a road trip was planning on takeing the caliber however im currently haveing a issue where every few days the battery fully drains itself i have put 2 new batterys on it incase the first battery was no good however the problem still continues also had the alternater tested and thats fine once the car is jump started in the morning it starts like normal through the day so im thinking something is still live when the ignition is turned off drawing power from the battery just dont know where to start any help will be much apriceated thanks its a 2008 dodge caliber 2.0lt diesel crd

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
If you are using it as a daily driver you have a problem. Even if the alternator is good the charge may not be reaching the battery.

If it stands for several days there could be a number of draws such as alarm going off. You are supposed to pull an IOD fuse. I could not find which one so I was disconnecting the battery. I now have an auto shut off switch wired in.

After seeing how reliably the AA man used a Li pack I caved and bought my own for the back up (and coz peeps these days don't always help a bro out with a jump).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i am useing it every day car dosent stop tbh after i have jumped it witch works every time the car then starts all day fine just the next morning its dead again i have just checked the draw from the battery with everything turned off and is it pulling 2.02 amps when i remove fuse 7 and 14 this drops down to 0.19amps after looking up fuse 7 controlles fuses 14/20/21 the draw only gose down when i pull fuse 14 witch says it is the cluster but i dont know what that could be as there are 2 fuses for the cluster

·
Registered
847 Posts
There is a TON of things like switches, sensors, and warning lights that connect to the cluster so you have your work cut out for you troubleshooting this. It looks like there are 4 connectors on the back of the cluster for making all of these connections. Next step would seem to be disconnecting those connectors one at a time to see which one is responsible for your 2A current draw. That'll help narrow down the culprit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts