Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a spoiler off of e-bay for the back of the Caliber, Here are some pics of the install process, hope this helps someone out there with their Mods....

First remove the cream colored plastics from the top of the rear tailgate (pictured below)

Then remove the black plastic panel from the bottom of the rear trunk deck, this is done by removing the two bolts by the handles to close the trunk and pulling the rest of the panel that is just clipped on.

Then unbolt the five bolts along the back inside the trunk and remove the bolts that hold the rear wiper motor on to it can twist out of the way a little. behind the motor is a cable to open the truck, disconnect it (remember after this not to close the trunk as it will be a pain to open again)

now the pannel should pull free but before you can take it all the way off you will need to unplug the rear licence plate lights.

now it is off take it to the work bench and clean it off ready for install,

Unfortunatly this is where I forgot to take pictures but I lined the spoiler with double sided tape and placed it on the removed pannel. with it stuck in place with the tape place face down and drill four pilot holes along the inner corner and use four 1/2 inch screws to secure. Just to be sure there is no leaks cover the heads to the screws with silicone.

Reverse the steps to re-install panel... Here is the finished result....

·
Registered
385 Posts
dammit! i really dont want to drill in the car :shakehead:... but it does look great! does the paint match good... even though its just black.. i have surf blue and kind of worried if they will do good on it. does it look to ricey with that added on? maybe a few more pictures from different angles?!:smileup: reps though

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to clean her tomorrow top to bottom and will take a bunch of pictures for ya, I really like it and it levels out the trunk to the tail lights which has always botherd me. you can just stick it on with some good glue or tape I guess but I really wanted to make sure it was not coming off. The paint matches perfect and even had the mettalic flake right.

for the record I am anything but Ricer, this is how a Mopar Caliber should look in my opinion......

·
Registered
385 Posts
ok i think i might have to get this now... do you think a bunch of that super thick automotive adhesive tape would work... but then somebody might steel it... i didnt accuse you of ricer!! im all for mopar looks to and thats why i asked if it belnds well or like ricer civic body kits:str: haha

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't think it would get stolen but I would be scered of it getting knocked off or breaking loose at high speed, thats just me though as I have had a little run of bad luck with things like that on my other cars. Lets face it, if somene is going to steal it a few screws are not going to slow them down lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
valid point, i have eyelids on the way so ill see how good they stick with the adhesive. then ill decide how i should mount the spoiler

·
Registered
356 Posts
My entire body kit from Piecha is glued on :) but a wing yeah might be better.

Is this the lip or the startech one ?

·
Registered
385 Posts
yes it is, i just asked him for more pictures and then posted that because i found more pictures. and its on a sxt, so it gives me a better view of how mine would look.:smileup:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts

·
Administrator
6,488 Posts
He has not be on in over a year ( its an old thread, sorry)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts