Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 caliber crd i pressed the fob to open the doors this morning and the latches came up but the drivers door won't open as anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
2007 in wx in the UK it could be simply corrosion in the striker/latch assembly.
You will need to resort to mechanical dis-assembly.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Did you try to open it from the inside?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Further to above and now in 2021, my 11 year old Caliber also has a drivers door that fails to open even when attempted from the inside/outside/mechanically and by key fob. The strange thing is that it is sporadic; sometimes not working for weeks and then working fine for a similar period. Again, any ideas for identifying the guilty component? Ta.

·
Super Moderator
12,242 Posts
Sounds like something sticking with the linkage. Take off the interior panel and give the rods a clean and lube.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like something sticking with the linkage. Take off the interior panel and give the rods a clean and lube.
Ok thanks Aleks. I have taken the panel off previously and operated the linkages manually. All seem to work in operating the push down locking knob and internal/external hand levers but the door remains shut. I’ll try again and also flooding everywhere in lubricant. Strange that it just corrects itself (hopefully not for the last time!) Ta, Graham.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts