Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh! I've noticed my car having a lot of road wander lately and I've discovered why, my Tie Rod joint is loose again, and now so is the lower ball joint. I'm assuming all of this led to the joint on the driver side drive axle near the tranny to wear and now it clicks when I'm almost full turn either backing up or going forward.

Looks like my pockets are going to be emptied very soon *sigh* Not bad though, made it 180 000km before needing major maintenance. I had the tie rods done at about 140 000 (I think) - but my mechanic told me that all the other bits were just starting to go too so I had to hold off back then and do it now.

Guess I'm expecting at least $1000 for this work (hopefully back brakes included but I doubt it) plus new tires cause this has really messed up my tires and no point getting new ones till this is done.

Just thought I'd share a little maintenance history on my car.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
180000km is impressive!

I will try hard to go that long and beyond ...

Good example for me; ( to hold on the Caliber for many years to come :) )

Thanks for sharing the info, i will pay attention to these particular parts.

Now nearing ~22000km

Best regards, Francois

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Update:

Was just the ball joint and tie rod again on the driver side, and ball joint on the passenger. I drive much straighter now.

Downside is the "control arms" on the rear, bushings are gone and while the mechanice was checking them one of them must have fallen out cause it sounds like someone hammering on the side of the car while driving over bumps. I go back in on Monday, these are unrelated to the squeeking noise TSB for those that may be wondering. They are accessed from the underside of the car. He's hoping he can just get the bushings to fix the problem but knowing Dodge and my luck you probably have to buy the entire arm assembly. Will update when I know, unless anyone else has done this feel free to chime in!

Rear Bushings, other threads:

(R/T):
http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=30767&highlight=rear+bushings

2007 SXT (same year as mine)
http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=28522&highlight=rear+bushings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts