Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nine months ago Chrysler was hawking this division around for $100m. Meanwhile sales have held up well yet 09 production has been suspended. Six months ago they were talking of two competing bids at $65m.

Well in the bankruptcy papers __

Chrysler has said only one buyer had come forward since the case began for the two-seat sports car, offering $5.5 million. The company's financial adviser, Robert Manzo, told a bankruptcy court last month that the company had received nothing "resembling a serious offer requiring further consideration."

"If it is the case that Fiat used its 'hard-fought' superior bargaining position to establish as a condition of the merger a requirement that Chrysler allow the Viper brand to disappear in order to reduce competition for Ferrari, this too must be presented to the court.

It didn't get an offer for the plant that makes the Dodge Viper sports car at the automaker's $10-million price. The lack of bidders for the Detroit factory shows the limited value of automotive assets in a liquidation, CEO Bob Nardelli said in a U.S. Bankruptcy Court filing in New York.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Darn that Transylvanian accent :wow:

I meant wipers (I think) two windscreen wipers and one for the rear window.

Had them replaced just a short while back.

I vant to drink your blood :jok:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Too funny Gazi!
I'll share this here, Sunday I saw a bright yellow Viper spread like butter over about an Eighth mile of road (Wish I'd stopped and took pictures). Looked like he came off a side street and jumped on it, lost it, hitting a gaurd rail on one side of the road and landing, in pieces, in a ditch across and down the road quite a ways. So, there's one less Viper out there now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I heard the Viper brand got sold to a private party but I won't believe it till I see it

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
That's a rather weak speech. At least the news is good.

I'm not sure how Fiat allowed this though. It competes with some of their own offerering.

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a rather weak speech. At least the news is good.
Wonder if he heard you - is this better ?

Hello Friends,
Its been a little while, so I thought its time to provide you an update with what’s happening at Dodge. First and foremost, THANK YOU. Not only for your purchases, but for your unwavering support during the darkest time in our company’s history. It was an incredibly difficult time…and we lost some dear friends and supporters. We were flat lining… but thanks to some modern thinking in the Administration and an unassuming, visionary genius from a distant land, we were revived. And when we opened our eyes…you were still there. Our Dodge friends and family… whom without we may not have had the drive to pull through. For that we are very grateful and humbly thank you.

Rest assured that we will not squander this chance at new life. We intend to fully make the most of this once in a lifetime opportunity. I am honored to have been awarded the leadership role I have been given. It is a responsibility that I take very seriously. Over the past month I have hand selected my team and now am surrounded by the best and the brightest people on the planet. They come from diverse educations, backgrounds and experiences… but they share one main ingredient…the deep rooted passion to raise the Dodge Brand to greatness. Not to merely restore it, but to re-build it, modernize it and prepare it for success during the next 100 years… so Dodge can produce and sell dream machines to our grandchildren. Right now, some may be thinking…”words on a screen Mike…”. Rightfully so. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Well, you have my commitment that we will not let anyone down. We intend to over deliver…and since we are Dodge, we will do so in unconventional, daring and game changing ways. Don’t just stand back and watch the excitement. I invite you to get in the game. Join us in our quest by sharing your passion for this great brand and personal experiences in our products with your co-workers, neighbors and family members. As enthusiasts, they value your opinion on automobiles and you will be providing significant help to our cause. Let’s make history. Let’s do it together. Thank you again, for being a Dodge guy or gal.

Until next time, Go Dodge!
Mike

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wondering how the Viper sales were going as there had been renewed interest when it appeared there may be no more DODGE Vipers.

Also Chrysler's version of a Sports Car built by Karmann in Germany based on the Mercedes SLK until 2007. (Karmann went bankrupt in April 2009.)

I rescaled the axis to show more Viper detail - in case you were wondering the Crossfire outlier for April 2006 was 2709 units.

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Budget Ferrari

Sergio Marchionne thinks Viper has the potential to be to Dodge what Miata is to Mazda—a halo car that transmits the brand’s best attributes, and one that has tremendous marketing potential in car enthusiast/amateur racing circles. The next generation Dodge Viper may receive a Ferrari-designed V10 engine. Ferrari and Maserati would get new V8s while the Viper would receive a new pushrod V10.
Lamborghini, back when it was in Chrysler’s control, helped to develop the Viper’s aluminum V-10.

caranddriver

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
The Viper concept showed up in 89 but Lambo only worked on the cooling system, crankshaft balance, weight reduction, and fine tuning.

The original engine was based on the 360.

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Current Viper to end production in July 2010; Only about 500 more cars to be built, with new product to replace Viper introduced in 2012. New Viper will have 450 horsepower from 6.4-litre Hemi V8.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, this current gen Viper might very well be a collector item. It would be nice to look fwd' 20 - 40 years (yep, hard to believe the 69' Shelby GT350/500 or muscle car of that era is 40 yrs old) to see what kind of a modern classic it will become. To me, the car is iconic: a modern American muscle/sports car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts