Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,129 Posts
Looks good - is that the Rocky Road kit ?

You could do a write up on your conversion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aleks,

Yes it is but I also replace the struts with KYB Suspension SR Strut-Plus for better handling and other stuff it rides beautifull and zero tire rubbing .I will do a write up .

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and the compliment on my Caliber!

Geoshar

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ. I love that look. In a day and age when so many want to use that terrible low rider look, I admire the way you did your Caliber. Almost makes me want to have another one. Only way I would have another if if I could find and afford a manual shift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Flyinghigh .

I know what you say about low riders.:smiledown::str:
I'm really happy how it turn out and appreciate you welcome me to the forum and that you like my lifted Caliber . Why do you want a manual shift because of the CVT problems. I been very lucky had this car since 2007 new and no major problems so far but I only have 50,000 miles on it .

Thank you

P.S Just added the roof rack

IMG_20180825_123142402 (2).jpg

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
My 08 had the CVT and even though it got murdered in a head on in 2010, I never really got used to the funkiness of the CVT. Mine never gave me any trouble. I had about 65,000 miles on it in the two years I owned it, so you know I was driving the hell out of it. The reason I'd like a manual is because I like to use them for slowing down on steep inclines. Moot point now, I guess since I'm no longer in TN and am stuck here the flat lands of FL. I absolutely despise FL and HOPE to get back to TN within the next two years. The good Lord willing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear about
the head on was you alright .
I do understand about the CVT the lags at takeoff a manual would be more responsive .
You should be able to pick one the resale is not that great specially here on Austin TX. dont know in Florida.
I was thinking of replace it with a Subaru CrossTreck got to see them at the dealer they have less horsepower then my Caliber same CVT tranny expensive as hell! mid thirty's for a fully loaded one mid twenty's for a base model and you can't really haggle the price demand is to high. I'm will be keeping my Caliber looks better then the treck, well at least to me!
If you ever pick one and want to know what I used on mine let me know.

Thanks again Geoshar

P.S what you think of roof rack should I keep it or get rid off it , just want your opinion.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,129 Posts
Roof rack is OK if used regularly.
Best removed for looks only, & better performance.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I agree with Aleks about the roof rack. I'd only have it there when I was going to use it.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
As for the head on crash, my son and I walked away with minor aches and pains. He had to have a minor knee surgery, but all in all, just very sore for a few days where the seat belts locked us in. Stupid 18 year old girl, drunk and messed up on pills at 11:00 am in the morning. They had to cut her out of her Dodge Neon. She survived with a broken ankle and a few non life threatening injuries. According to the 911 report I got from the police dept, she was pronounced dead at the scene 3 times. She had clipped a van in front of us and then plowed us head on. The guy in the van and his son, along with me, my son and my wife, who arrived later at the scene, all stood in the middle of the highway while they were cutting her out and prayed that God intervene on her behalf. He listened to us and saved her life. Even though she had blood coming out of both ears when I went to check on her and she was life flighted out of there, God saved her. He does still work miracles. The DA wanted to prosecute her for the accident and wanted to put her away for 3-7 years. I declined to go along with that. I asked that she go to rehab and be put on probation for 3 years and she and her parents agreed to that. No 18 year old kid needs to be in prison for a stupid mistake.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Wow, that's a different look, but I like it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MykTurk ,

I'm glad you like it, its different probably the only one in the states . I'm really happy the way it came out plus it drives great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow. This looks great. I have been thinking of doing the same thing on mine. Would love to hear more about what you did. Any way we can get a complete parts list of all things you upgraded?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey geoshar, what is your offset & tire size?

I can only go so tall & wide or rubber starts touching the struts, front and back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts