Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i own 2007 dodge caliber and have an issue for some time. Fuel gauge shows empty fuel tank even its half full.. also check engine light comes on with gascap message. Prevous owner somehow took somekind of valve from the fuel tank, so I am wondering maybe it is the issue? Also scan tool says that there is a small leak in evaporate system. The thing is that i dont know how that valve could look like, where it is located and also cant find any parts on the internet..

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Do you have any engine codes? The gascap message could just be that you need to clean the cap and filler neck. Sometimes, it's that simple. I don't know about the valve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That gascap message poped when he took that valve off. There is some kind of codes, but I don't remember exactly which ones. But most of them is about a small leakage. I've heard that especially on Dodge and all other american car the whole emission system is very sensitive. The thing is that I'm in United States and car is in Europe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Think this might be helpful Ghaspa.
TSB's

Messed up Dodge fuelgauge?
Posted on January 18,2012 by Information provided by Identifix Inc.

Owners of 2007-2010Dodge Caliber FWD and 2007-2010 Compass or Patriot FWD vehicles may complainthat the fuel gauge is not accurate or fluctuates at three-fourths tank orabove. This bulletin involves replacing the fuel sending unit, clocking thefuel module and installing a fuel jumper hose.
1. Remove the fuelpump module (mark the sending unit at the 4:00 position, with 12:00 pointing tothe rear of the vehicle).
2. Remove the fuelpump sending unit from the pump module.
3. Install a newsender to the fuel pump module (see below for part number).
4. Install the fuelpump module following procedures listed in the service manual or inDealerConnect. NOTE: Clock the fuel module to the 2:00 position.
5. Install the jumperhose kit.
6. Re-connect thebattery.
7. Start the engineand check for leaks.
8. Re-install the fuelpump cover.
9. Re-install rearseat padding and bottom.

Electronics Circle Technology Ipod

Before removing the module, mark the top at 12:00 facing the rear of the vehicle. The tab will be located at 4:00.

Electronics Ipod Audio equipment Circle
When re-installing, clock the module tab to 2:00.
This photo shows the fuel line jumper in place.

REPLACEMENT PARTNUMBERS
Fuel sending unit kitw/fuel line adapter (built before 3/1/2010)…….68078218AB
Fuel sending unit kitw/o fuel line adapter (built after 3/1/2010)…….68078219AB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, i own 2007 dodge caliber and have an issue for some time. Fuel gauge shows empty fuel tank even its half full.. also check engine light comes on with gascap message. Prevous owner somehow took somekind of valve from the fuel tank, so I am wondering maybe it is the issue? Also scan tool says that there is a small leak in evaporate system. The thing is that i dont know how that valve could look like, where it is located and also cant find any parts on the internet..
I'm putting this here if anyone encounters the same problem. The fuel gauge was stuck at empty but the empty fuel indicator was off. My mechanic diagnosed the fuel pump but it was okay so he removed the dashboard panel and discovered the fuel gauge dial was stuck and hard to move

1 - 5 of 5 Posts