Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to owning a 2007 dodge caliber sxt. It has the basic radio with the Boston acoustics sound system in it. Iv been looking into geting a hands free system installed in it that's capable of syncing with my iPhone and playing music off it. I have looked at the uconnect system but I'm not sure where to find one for my year and without loosing my steering controls. I also looked at the parrot mki9100 which I'm leaning towards but I think il loose my steering controls with that aswell. I wondered if anyone had any advice or opinions as to what would be the better options that are user friendly to instal please n thnx

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
You need to read this thread in the Knowledge Base: http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=27722

You won't lose the steering wheel buttons. The Bluetooth module plugs into the radio, and the connector that was connected to the radio is connected into the module.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so this kit comes with the uconnect module and the uconnect button and mic then I can buy the additional iPod cable to sync my iPod to the system. The radio I have doesn't have uconnect buttons. Would you recommend this way or the parrot mki9100. I appreciate the help. Only had the car 3 weeks thnx

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Ok so this kit comes with the uconnect module and the uconnect button and mic then I can buy the additional iPod cable to sync my iPod to the system. The radio I have doesn't have uconnect buttons. Would you recommend this way or the parrot mki9100. I appreciate the help. Only had the car 3 weeks thnx
Can't help you there. I've never had to do that mod. All I can do is help you navigate to useful info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the help. I think my better option is the parrot kit. It has a module that gows before the deck and works threw the car speakers. I might loose the steering volume controls with it. But it comes with it's own steering mount controller and it's fully compatable with any audio devices USB Bluetooth iPod and it's own auxiliary. The uconnect might work for my phone but I can't find the iPod cable for anything earlier then the 2009 caliber. Thnxfr the help tho. If anyone else has any input I'd appreciate it. Thnx

·
Registered
150 Posts
I appreciate the help. I think my better option is the parrot kit. It has a module that gows before the deck and works threw the car speakers. I might loose the steering volume controls with it. But it comes with it's own steering mount controller and it's fully compatable with any audio devices USB Bluetooth iPod and it's own auxiliary. The uconnect might work for my phone but I can't find the iPod cable for anything earlier then the 2009 caliber. Thnxfr the help tho. If anyone else has any input I'd appreciate it. Thnx
I just came across a 2007 Caliber in an autowreckers that had a uConnect system vrom the factory (Not the one you install afterwards and gives you the buttons on a separate remote) This system is one through the rearview mirror and was pretty sweet of a deal. Only $30! Anyways, it was a bit of a pain to get it out and to reinstall it into another Calber. Mine was a base SXT with Power windows/locks/mirrors, cruise, audio controls on the wheel, and leather wrapped steering wheel. The uConnect came out of a SXT Sport package and let me tell you, I didn't like the fact that Dodge makes about a hundred different wiring harnesses for their cars. Unfortunately as I didn't have access to the Service manual when I was removing the uConncet system, I ended up doing a lot of cut and splicing on wiring to get back together. Took the better half of a Saturday afternoon to install it in my car, however the $30 to buy it and install it myself was a better investment than to buy the other verison of uConnect and pay the stealership to install it at over $300.

Anyways, long story short, the uConnect system was definitely a good investment, however the audio commands only work well with low to medium noise levels, such as residential driving, low to mid level heat and air conditioning, etc. It works great with the iPhone 4G, and with the RAQ 6 disc CD Changer, it is nice it shows the phone number on the radio readout.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2009 caliber, on the radio it has a button for the phone. When I push it it displays"u connect not installed" how do I get it installed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts