Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my car it loses power slow to accelerate gages go crazy jerks lighting bolt sign on some days it runs great others it just makes me upset and just the other day I could not get it out of gear what do I do want to fix myself I appreciate all the help

·
Registered
631 Posts
Gauges going crazy frequently means you have an electrical short. Check the wiring harness that comes out of the bottom of the TIPM and then turns 180 degrees and runs between the front driver's side wheel well liner and the body of the car...it'll often chafe against something at that turn and short wires out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my car it loses power slow to accelerate gages go crazy jerks lighting bolt sign on some days it runs great others it just makes me upset and just the other day I could not get it out of gear what do I do want to fix myself I appreciate all the help
The throttle body more than likely is the cause of your first issue. The car shifter not moving is more than likely brake switch at brake pedal. I replaced mine and issue was fixed. On the right side of your console is a circular plug , pop that out and there's a little override lever to unlock shifter so you aren't stranded. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts