Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloo

My friebds TIMP is bad.. only 1 low beam but both 2 high beams work!

What if I take a short pigtail harness, so I won't have to cut into the oem wiring.. and just swap the High Beam and Low Beam wires in the pig tail.

Then when I put on the high beams in the truck I have 2 working LOW beams on??????

Would this sound doable??? Then we woudl haev only 1 high beam out and we are in the city so we don't really care about that

Comments??????? heck this is like a $10 quick fix - we just dont' want her to get pulle dover anymore..

Will this work????????????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Are we to understand that you tried to reset the TIPM
per the instructions posted in the ForumZ stickies?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Swapping the wires may help, but you will end up with the blue highbeam indicator on the dash.

I have the same problem with mine right now. The "reset" procedure didn't help. I suspect that I either need a DTC cleared at the dealer, or a new TIPM.

I am using my passenger side low beam to run both of my low beams right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I FINALLY found the correct harness to do the trick

Putco 239008HW http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/PUT239008HW.htm

This can be used when you haev just 1 low beam out. Its a harness that connects to the 1 good sender harness to the one working light. Splits the signal to 2 relays, then plugs into BOTH low beams and powers them both on through the 12vt power to the relays

Atleast you will have to LOW BEAMS .. No high beams .. But alleast legal and No tickets!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I FINALLY found the correct harness to do the trick

Putco 239008HW http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/PUT239008HW.htm

This can be used when you haev just 1 low beam out. Its a harness that connects to the 1 good sender harness to the one working light. Splits the signal to 2 relays, then plugs into BOTH low beams and powers them both on through the 12vt power to the relays

Atleast you will have to LOW BEAMS .. No high beams .. But alleast legal and No tickets!
Why don't you have high beams with that harness? Aren't there three pins in the plugs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had passenger side low and high beam out. Turned out that both ground and low beam power were out so ran a ground from the battery and power through a relay triggered by the drivers side low beam wire. Worked perfectly, have both low and high beam on both sides and shouldn't put any additional current demands on the drivers side circuit. Parts cost about $15.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts