Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Belt dressing!!! I haven't heard that in ages, no belt dressing should be needed
Thanks. So when I'm hearing your squeaking noise in my engine right someone says oh you should spray some belt dressing on your belt. So I got this cheap stuff from Walmart and while my car was running I sprayed the belt. A friend said no you're supposed to spray it under on the underside. I never did. Another thing when I first got the car I drove all the way out to lake camanche South shore from San Francisco Bay Area and on the campground they have tree stumps with reflectors on it for different sections of the campgrounds in picnic area when I left I went up on one of the stumps on the right side of my wheel and it got stuck on the stump. So the park ranger and a sheriff they came and they had a jack up my car with the floor jack and use blocks of wood to make my car go up high so I can get off the stump. I damaged my rim and tire and so that splash guard plastic thing I never put it back on. That wasn't very smart but it's been almost a year since that happened and I'm just thinking of all the different little off-road things I drove probably help cause the problem with the squeaking noise with my belt and pulleys. Plus I realized that the belt dressing was tacky and I just sprayed it so I can imagine all the foreign debris and dust that it possibly also can stick to it. I will clean out the grooves on the pulleys and stuff.Any other suggestions I'd appreciate it, thank you guys, Jamie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be a bad tensioner or idler pulley.

Did you get the alternator done?
No I haven't got the alternator done yet. Man that's helping me he wants to clean my engine first I don't want him to. I already had to have it towed somewhere from where it was and it kind of stinks man because I don't have nowhere really to work on it but it's at this guy's house and you know I'm ready to take the belt off myself cuz I don't have to remove nothing yet cuz I fit perfect under my car. I purchased a belt and I purchased the alternator for my car 2010 Dodge Caliber 2.0L 4cylinder

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I haven't got the alternator done yet. Man that's helping me he wants to clean my engine first I don't want him to. I already had to have it towed somewhere from where it was and it kind of stinks man because I don't have nowhere really to work on it but it's at this guy's house and you know I'm ready to take the belt off myself cuz I don't have to remove nothing yet cuz I fit perfect under my car. I purchased a belt and I purchased the alternator for my car 2010 Dodge Caliber 2.0L 4cylinder
I guess I'm just worried because it's already clean the engine's clean and it looks good but he's working on it right now my friends doing it now I'm watching him on surveillance camera. So I have to be positive now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts