Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere, or any mod, for a locking lid or handle on the upper dash storage bin?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Nope.........................

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Lockable glove compartments disappeared from cars when I was a kid.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Not only does it lock, it uses the Master key ONLY. The second car key was not master and thus you could use that for valet parking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol thats good and all but definitely doesn't help me. damn, guess ill just have to buy a locking box that attaches to the seat anchors.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Just keep in mind that locks only keep out the honest people. If a thief wants what you have, a lock will just slow them down some, but they'll still get it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya it's not for stoping a thief, just safety purposes for my pistol.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
I just hope you're taking it out whenever you exit the car. You definitely don't want something like that ending up in some criminal's hands.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh definitely! Just added security for my own sake.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Why don’t you try to make a hidden lid in the center dash?

What type of pistol are we talking about it should pit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a good idea! Hmmm...

Smith&Wesson M&P .40

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not sure how good you are at fabbing something up or if you are able to get someone to do it for you.

Also not sure how secure the center dash is but if you are removing it when you get out and just need a place to store it lock and key I would either suggest making a steel canister that will fit inside and can be bolted in or possibly just a lid that you can drill into place and secure a lock on the oustside.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts