Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Putting a 2.4L head on a 2.0L should work. I suspect the heads are identical, as indicated by Chris above, so it should work exactly the same as your 2.0L head.

A few thoughts on the process for you:
1. Unless your 2.4L head is brand new, take it to a machine shop that specializes in head work and have them test it out, grind it flat and regrind the valves and seats, check valve clearance, etc. If you don't do this, you might go through all the work and find that the 2.4L head leaks or worse and then have to do it again.
2. Don't reuse the cylinder head bolts, they are designed for single use only, and if you re-use the old ones, you will blow the head gasket in a matter of months.
3. You will need a good torque wrench.

I removed and replaced the head on my Caliber a year ago, see the link below for some background:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good.
Impossible, I don't think so, but I think you will have to make more modifications, such as a new or reprogrammed control unit and perhaps the development of your speed change or CVT will fall short for the increase in power. I also don't know if the rest of the pieces will hold up to the change. I speak from ignorance. I would personally inform myself well before doing anything. Since the collar is still more expensive than the dog. (It is a popular saying here in Spain)

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts