Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Have you, or have you not had the CVT overheat issue?

• Yes, my Caliber is an early 2007.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Yes, my Caliber is a late 2007.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, my Caliber is an early 2008.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Yes, my Caliber is a late 2008.

• Yes, my Caliber is an early 2009.

• Yes, my Caliber is a late 2009.

• No, my Caliber is a 2007.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No, my Caliber is a 2008.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No, my Caliber is a 2009.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I have a manual.

Votes: 2 7.4%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent rash of CVT overheat issues begs a poll to see if a pattern develops. Is there a bad batch of coolers, or is it a random thing?

So let's see what we get.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I voted "No, my Caliber is a 2007" for my previous R/T AWD.

It never overheated until I got rid of it, at 43,000KM.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Mine has never overheated. I was talking to a guy with a Caliber last year. He told me he has to go to Arkansas (i think that's where he told me) once a week, to pick up things for the business he does. He told me his c.v.t. over heats on every trip and goes into "limp mode". He then told me he has to pull off the highway for around 45 minutes to let it cool off. Then it's fine for the rest of the trip.

I told him "this isn't normal". He told me he would have the dealer look into it, i haven't seen him since then. I don't know if he ever had it fixed or not.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine has never overheated or skipped a beat, 30,1xx miles so far, I've thrown it everything, from spinning the tires in show and ice, to aggressive stop and go city, to back road cruising. I even took a trip cross country (when I relocated to California) with myself (better part of 300lbs) my dad (about 190) and about 600 lbs of my belongings in the back (the Cali was riding LOW!) but hours with the cruise locked at 80MPH, and climbing the Sierra Nevadas seeing big rigs stopped left and right, never once have seen that light, the caliber happy the whole 3800 mile way!

rmurad38

1 - 4 of 4 Posts