Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 1st post. I thought I would share with you guys some pics of my Kenwood DDX7015 double din install. I started yesterday. The pics are of what was completed in 1 day. I have to do some final touchups tomorrow. I will post pics of the final pics with them installed. I will be installing a back-up camera in the next week or two, as soon as I do I will post pics of that to. Please let me know what you think of my work. While I had my radio bezel off I created my own chillzone by putting my water on top of my radio in front of the two vents. It worked great. LoL.

Pic 1 is before the install with the factory radio.
Pic 2 is the half moons filled with abs plastic.
Pic 3 is the half moons of abs molded in with bondo.
Pic 4 is the bezel primered test fitted outside the car.
Pic 5 is the bezel painted silver test fit in the car.
Pic 6 same and pic 5 just a bigger shot of the dash.
Pic 7 is of my own chillzone version 2. HeHe

If you have any questions on how something was done let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
That looks first rate.:wow:Apparently you know what you are doing. I see this is your first post also, so let me welcome you to the forumz. Why not introduce yourself in our Newbie Checkin section and tell us bout you and your Caliber.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Pic 7 chillzone :jok::5700293539: i have not even used it yet and may never will!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much you want to send me one? what if i send you a bezel? :) i want one
I would have no problem making you one. The only thing is without the double din radio it's hard to guess how big the opening needs to be for the radio to motorize out. I painted mine thinking I had enough room and ending up hitting so I had to sand it out some more. So far I haven't found factory touch up paint, I'm using SEM Silver. If you like I could give you step by step instructions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
MAN!!! I wish I would have known about this before I bought my REC and converted to the dodge REC NAV Bezel. I wanted an after market NAV system, but I couldn't find the bezel to GET ER DONE......
The good thing is it all connects well, the Sirius, The 6 disc Changer, and the Nav system. I like this man you should sell them as a product online and charge a good price for them, you are the only one that makes them!
This is nice. You should post them in the "For Sale" forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everybody that is installing a double din in there caliber are using the nav bezel. I wanted the advantage of the aftermarket double din while retaining the factory pocket. Plus I just like how this looks compared to the nav bezel with the double din dash kit. Great idea on selling them. I just might consider doing that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
This got me thinking. Is there anyone who sells prefab bezels for various radio sizes? Some 3rd party has their own bezel adapters but I don't like if for its looks like a big black eye on where the radio is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far that I know of nobody does not. But possibly if enough people want the same kit they could go into production. If they do make it, it will be one size for the double din. But I believe they will make them in all the different dash colors if they were smart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help

Ok I am stillllll waiting for my SXT to finally get to AUSTRALIA and I am looking at putting in a Pioneer AVH-P6850 dvd deck. I know its gonna fit but just wondering if any one can help me out with a wiring diagram or some info on the boston acoustics set up that is included in the sport and sound pack. Please help me as any one i have spoken to in Car Audio stores in Western Australia have no idea.

C

·
0 Posts
How did u do this?! I know I won't be able to... I just got a Compass, same idea as the Caliber and I really want an in dash navigation, but dont know where to start. I thought my only option was buying the navigation bezel kit, and then another kit to make a double din nav unit fit... its so complicated with my steering wheel controls and alarm system :S Are you really selling these??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Ivineoivi,

What Install kit did you use for your 2 din radio? And did you use a CAN BUS Interface or just a wire harness? I'm working on my own poject to install a CARPC in my Caliber. For this I have a 2 DIN touch screen that needs to be installed. I also am planning to customize the Bezel myself. Hope I get the same result as you have.

Very nice job......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hello Ivineoivi,

What Install kit did you use for your 2 din radio? And did you use a CAN BUS Interface or just a wire harness? I'm working on my own poject to install a CARPC in my Caliber. For this I have a 2 DIN touch screen that needs to be installed. I also am planning to customize the Bezel myself. Hope I get the same result as you have.

Very nice job......
I did not use any dash kit. I used the factory bezel with the basic cd player from the factory. I just widened the hole to make the double din fit. That is why I have the factory pocket underneath the radio unlike the factory nav bezel which does not have a pocket. All I used for the wiring was a wire harness and I got ignition off the cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
wow, i can't believe i missed this thread! i'm in the process of doing the same, then something hit me...

how does the new stereo stay in place?? i was considering buying a dash kit and cutting it to use the side clips to lock the unit in place.

any suggestions?? the bezel is already cut to fit and painted... i'm shooting for an install this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at adding the AVH-P3200DVD to my Caliber. Why am I thinking this will fit in the stock bezel and no need for a NAV Bezel? How much of a size difference is there? Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm looking at adding the AVH-P3200DVD to my Caliber. Why am I thinking this will fit in the stock bezel and no need for a NAV Bezel? How much of a size difference is there? Please let me know. Thanks!
a little.... if you have an 07-08 non-nav bezel, you're cutting and filling to make it fit. the opening is just not tall enough. if you have an 09-10, you just need the dash kit to fill in the excess space.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts