Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states....My CSRT4 against an 04' GT Mustang.
The Short and Sweet...

This grey mustang pulled next to me at a red light. My thoughts were he'd try and run me(street racing is hot here). Oddly he didn't. About 5 lights later, and still next to the same Stang...he looks at me. It was a dual turn lane, and we both turn. I decide I'd mess with him, so i gas it....he goes, i go, he goes, i go, ...then!! HE decides he will take off on me(with NO signal {cheater})...NO NO NO...So I go after him. What WAS a nose-to-nose gas-n-go, he pulls a car and a half before i can react(thinking he'd slow down). When I realize this dude is WOT; I gun it... (rolling 2nd @ 30ish). What WAS about a 2 car gap, I closed up quick! 2nd gear I caught him at 65mph, 3rd gear....it was all over. I walked away from him all the way to 95mph, then 4th gear to about 110. Shifting to 4th he was a good car length behind maybe more(idk, it was dark) and all i saw was headlights behind me.
We pull to the next light and he turns away from me. I think I may have hurt his little 'pony pride'. hehe :D

I am not bashing mustangs...I love them. I grew up a Ford guy.

Specs....
08' Caliber SRT-4 K&N drop-in, Muffler Delete, more goodies soon!
04' GT Mustang Exhaust, and Im sure other goodies.

I do not know what he had in the car, but I do know it was NOT stock. It was easy to tell just by the exhaust. It was way louder and deeper than OEM GT exhaust.

There you have it. My KILL!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Great story and remember to be careful.
Definately. We want to see this kinda of stuff in the movies where its not real. Sometimes theres a price to pay for thing like this

Anyhuuuu, as long asyou knew what you were doing dude then the pleasure is doubled. take care

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I love it any time a Mopar beats a blue oval. Got an older brother who has an 84 Stang Gt. He still hasn't gotten over oldest brother beating his 64 GTO with a 389 six pack with a 68 Roadrunner stomping on a 383 four barrell. Been over 35 years and he still gets upset if you tell the story.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Man I can't wait till my friend gets his turbo in his cobalt. then we will be bashing mustang in Vegas. People with mustangs are too damn cocky ( in general) One of the members in our car club has a mustang and it hauls ass.

·
Registered
908 Posts
As a long time Mustanger all I can say is this guy was an idiot for taking on a turbo car from a roll with out a turbo or S/C. His best chance would have been from a dig. I've played with a few turbo cars and it is not a pretty sight! For showing restraint at first :rep:. Even though I did my share growing up I'm not a big fan of street racing. I am glad to see you cooled his jets though, good job. As I always say IF I was to get rid of my Mustang it would be replaced with a CSRT4!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a long time Mustanger all I can say is this guy was an idiot for taking on a turbo car from a roll with out a turbo or S/C. His best chance would have been from a dig.
Agree! I know what to watch for when cruising around. The GT would have no doubt taken me from a dig...The CSRT4 is quite difficult to launch, as any owner knows...so I go from a roll. Wish I had a video of it, but I dont go looking for trouble, so I never think of it. It was honestly only my 2nd or 3rd street race, so Im not exactly a PRO. It was definatly an ego booster for sure. Ya, I drive a 5door hatch wagon(insurance profile)...but I bet you dont lose me!:D:D:D

And thank you all for your replies....Its nice to have feedback and support. I am new to the forum, so until i hit 25 posts, i cant do much. I will post a NEWBIE thread soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts