Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a creaking noise that is coming from both sides (or middle) of the back end. Originally I went under and lubricated and greased everything and that solved about 80% of the problem for a week or so. I keep going from thinking that it is the brakes to the shocks and back again. it makes the noise sometimes over bumps, sometimes when turning, somtimes when braking and when starting off or sometimes coming to a stop. It is deminatly not a gringing noise but a creeking. It got alot worse after I took the winter tires off and put the spring ones back on so could it have anything to do with that? (tires or emergency brake). Other then that the car runs like a dream but it has gotten to loud to just turn up the radio

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
So many factors could lead to sounds that it makes it real difficult to diagnose over the internet. LOL!! Could be so many different things in the suspension!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is why it is so troublesome... I was thinking that I will just start working away and hopeing that I strike out lucky sooner rather then latter. I just assumed that since it seemed to start on both sides in the back at the some time that it might point to something more specific.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Could be bushings in the sway bar or control arms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was what I was originally looking at and I tried lubing them up before replaceing them. I do not think that is what it is because if the car is in park and I get out and just shake it side to side I do not hear anything. but if I go to the end and push it back and forth I can sometimes hear the noise.

That is why I keep going back to thinking it has something to do with the brakes even though it is not a consistent noise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts