Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM fitment is WIX WK722/1 overstamped with Pentastar & reference 05085581AC

MOPAR sku 05166780AA ( list GB £ 31 / discount GB £ 19 )

Reactions: Prop1

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Caliber CRD fuel filter opened ( so you don't have to )
nothing special just a large filter to avoid annual replacement

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine bay location is on the bulkhead (fire wall ) behind the air filter box

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Replacement is far easier than expected ( no siphoning or high pressure involved )

Remove the covering shield with a 5mm Allen bolt

The filter is held in place by a hinged mounting bracket secured with a 4mm Allen bolt

Disconnect the fuel hose connector using a flat blade to release the plastic sprung securing clip (careful to hold onto it or it will fly off into the engine bay)

Long nosed pliers to squeeze the releasing tabs on the two remaining hose clips and pull them off the connecting pipe, the hose can then be wiggled loose.

Reassembly is the reversal of the dismantling procedure to quote Haynes

I primed my new filter with the fuel from the removed can which is full, otherwise you can just crank the starter to refill it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Very very good work Aleks! :smileup:

Keep it coming; it's very informative for the community and the club :worshippy:

Looking forward to read a lot about the CRD :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Diesel fuel filter

Diesel fuel filter

A---76mm
H---138mm
G---9.5mm
F---9.5mm

OEM-5166780AA

MANN---------------WK 722/1
BLUE PRINT--------ADA102313
MULLER FILTER----FN732

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Link to cross reference ..

Diesel fuel filter

A---76mm
H---138mm
G---9.5mm
F---9.5mm

OEM-5166780AA

MULLER FILTER----FN732

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I don't seen it, but I could imagine that you had already done. Very well done
Mine was a servicing tool, but I liked your reference section in the CRD area.
I thought they worked well in the two sections How To & CRD data.

Your database is better than any I have accessed. I thought I had seen two part numbers for CRD & Gas air filters but could not find them them again, your listing confirms the same dimensions for both air boxes.

If you can get it we have had many posts on peoples purchases of the Charcoal Cabin Air Filters but can you post a definitive equivalency list?

·
Registered
1 Posts
[
Hi every one :smileup:
Can some one tells me from were I can buy online a dodge calibre CRD 2006 fuel filter like this. I am from Malta and I can’t find one like this.

Thanks
Kevin
QUOTE=eclipse95;193014]Diesel fuel filter

A---76mm
H---138mm
G---9.5mm
F---9.5mm

OEM-5166780AA

MULLER FILTER----FN732[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thank you for the great tutorial and pics!

I just have one additional question: Does this means that the whole air filter box needs to be removed to get to the fuel filter?

And one more: If I disconnect the pipes from the filter, will the fuel leak out of them??

Thanks in advance!

Many greetings from Vienna!

Refik

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
If you are doing a service you will be opening your air filter box (maybe not now that I have K&N hmm..)

Anyhow yes taking out the air box helps. Sounds more than it is. Hose clip at the back, pull off a couple at the front and the whole box lifts out - it is held by two push in studs like the engine cover.

The fuel pipes might dribble a bit so use a towel.

The fuel filter will not leak unless you tip it.
Fill the new filter before attaching to save your pump.

eBay is cheapest but try your local VW parts store

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUEL-FILT...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf81b91df

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Aleks!

Thank you for the fast reply!

Yes, I will probably also change the air filter.. Therefore I will do the whole stuff in one step..

I'm only a little bit afraid that I do something wrong.. But removing 3 pipes and connecting them back shouldn't be that hard..

Btw, how is the "Big pipe" connected? Is it only put on the filter and can be removed by simply pulling it out? And why there are two other pipes? (I assumend that a filter has one in and one output..)

Anyway, I will come back after the replacement to tell about my experience..

The replacement filter will be probably ordered from germany (it's around 30€) or I will check (as you said) the local VW stores to see if I can find such a filter.

Thanks again!

-R

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I only paid about €20 for mine. I have done a fitting guide that shows how the pipes are connected at the start of this thread.

I think one must be a vent or return.

If the JeepChryslerParts version is not to your liking just search for price on the WIX part number.

My original was the WIX part number overprinted with a Mopar SKU code.

There are four pipes, two are joined at a connecting cap which you are calling the Big Pipe.

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Aleks!

Thank you for your reply and filter sources. I checked a little bit in the parts shops which are near to me and I've found this MANN Filter for 40€. So anyway, I will probably order it from there directly and pick it up at the shop..

And regarding the pipe orders, yes, you're right, on the pics I didn't saw the fourth pipe going into the "big pipe":

I've also found on another "tutorial" web page this pic:

Anyway it shouldn't be such a big deal disconnecting those pipes and connecting them back onto a new filter which is already filled in with fuel..

I'm a little bit concerned about the question how to pull of the big pipe, but anyway I will check it when I'm under the hood. :)

Thank you again for your support!

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a little bit concerned about the question how to pull of the big pipe, but anyway I will check it when I'm under the hood. :)
It's a sliding securing spring

Disconnect the fuel hose connector using a flat blade to release the plastic sprung securing clip (careful to hold onto it or it will fly off into the engine bay)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey!

I bought the filter!

Do I need to do anything or just connect it, because te connector where the big pipe should be connected seems to be covered by something inside..

I bought the mann-filter..

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts