Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not crazy about the matte black, but army green plastidip looks pretty good, and would look great on a Caliber with black wheels, lift kit and oversize tires.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Some how I missed this thread ... great job! Love the matte black look on cars
:rep: for posting all the pics too

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's not what I got out of this thread. But now anybody that wants it to be permanent knows what they have to do to make it permanent.
The vast majority of people who are dipping their whole car are not doing it permanently. Plasti Dip is definitely not not not meant to be a permanent thing for your whole car. In fact, Plasti Dip wasn't meant for cars at all, but the 'modding' community has really taken off with it and become really creative!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom

I recommend watching that guys videos. He has started a whole business of dipping peoples cars. He gets Ferarris and Audi R8s and such. His site is dipyourcar.com

The idea behind it is to easily and cheaply change the color of your car, and when you get bored of it, it literally peels right off. I've had it on my rims for... a long time now and it's still flawless and I've driven several thousand miles. And since Plasti Dip is so forgiving, it's pretty easy to get good results, as you can tell by the OPs post, it turned out great and he's never done it before.

I've been wanting to dip my car for a long long time now but I just don't have the time to set aside to do it... Looks GREAT OP!!!!!

Did you use cans or did you purchase the dipyourcar.com kit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How many cans did it take to cover the whole car?
I used 2,5 Gallons + thinner on my caliber, 3 would give it a thicker layer and more protectoin, but since i'm going to dip camo green over it after the winter this will do for now.

Matte black, very sexy.

BTW, you just saved $5K American, not sure what the exchange is, but give yourself 2 pats on the back.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but Thanks :D

I'm not crazy about the matte black, but army green plastidip looks pretty good, and would look great on a Caliber with black wheels, lift kit and oversize tires.
Some how I missed this thread ... great job! Love the matte black look on cars
:rep: for posting all the pics too
:smileup:

The vast majority of people who are dipping their whole car are not doing it permanently. Plasti Dip is definitely not not not meant to be a permanent thing for your whole car. In fact, Plasti Dip wasn't meant for cars at all, but the 'modding' community has really taken off with it and become really creative!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom

I recommend watching that guys videos. He has started a whole business of dipping peoples cars. He gets Ferarris and Audi R8s and such. His site is dipyourcar.com

The idea behind it is to easily and cheaply change the color of your car, and when you get bored of it, it literally peels right off. I've had it on my rims for... a long time now and it's still flawless and I've driven several thousand miles. And since Plasti Dip is so forgiving, it's pretty easy to get good results, as you can tell by the OPs post, it turned out great and he's never done it before.

I've been wanting to dip my car for a long long time now but I just don't have the time to set aside to do it... Looks GREAT OP!!!!!

Did you use cans or did you purchase the dipyourcar.com kit?
Since I already had a sprayer i only had to buy the cans.
I used 2,5 gallon on my caliber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely a good look. I have a 08 cali in sunburst and I was think on whether or not to blackout the roof but im not sure im definitely leaning towards it after seeing the look of your car!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used truck bed coating on a roughed up pair of rims I had. Went that route cause I have a habit of scraping the curb at night (no lights on my block). Left only the small center cap the original chrome. Came out pretty sick.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts