Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. Transmission fluid pressure sensor/ switch A circuit low anyone know what this code means? P0842

·
Registered
194 Posts
For anything having to do with a Caliber transmission, personally, I would have it flatbed towed to an authorized Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer for inspection and repair.

Unless you are someone who can replace a transmission yourself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For anything having to do with a Caliber transmission, personally, I would have it flatbed towed to an authorized Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer for inspection and repair.

Unless you are someone who can replace a transmission yourself.
I could replace the transmission myself, and I would still have it towed to the shop...

If it is a transmission problem, and a fluid change does not fix the problem, it is time to scrap the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could replace the transmission myself, and I would still have it towed to the shop...

If it is a transmission problem, and a fluid change does not fix the problem, it is time to scrap the car.
OMG. Don't tell me that. I have a appointment to drop it off Monday morning at a Dodge dealership 🤞l hope it isn't nothing to serious!

Thank you

·
Registered
205 Posts
OMG. Don't tell me that....
Unfortunately, it is true.

Even in reasonably good condition these cars typically sell for a few thousand dollars.

The CVT transmissions in these cars cannot be repaired. If a fluid change does not fix the issue, then it will need a new transmission and that will cost more than the car is worth and it will be time to get another car....just don't buy one with a CVT transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts