Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a dodge calibre 2007 2.0 ltr crd 140cv sxt limited my problem is when i drive locally around town the clutch pedel works fine but when i go on a long journey the clutch pedel goes right down to the bottom so i pump the pedal up & down a few times it is still not right but i can get my self home ive checked the fluid & thats fine when the peddle goes it comes back on its own any advice would be much appreciated thanks jonboy

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
Has the master cylinder already been changed?

I have a similar issue, new master, air bled, but still have to pump before a journey after a day parked. My next step would be a new slave (already bought) but it's inside the bell housing so normally swapped with a new clutch plate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has the master cylinder already been changed?

I have a similar issue, new master, air bled, but still have to pump before a journey after a day parked. My next step would be a new slave (already bought) but it's inside the bell housing so normally swapped with a new clutch plate.
Hi my clutch is OK when it's parked up its only when I go on a long journey if I park up when I get were I'm going let it cool down & then pump the pedll up & down a few times I can keep going would you say it might need bleeding thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
I tried it because it's a cheap option, made no difference and mechanics said there were no air bubbles.
My thinking is if I can live with it then do nothing.
What else could I do? Change fluid or do a pre-emptive cutch plate change or dismantle the housing to verify no clutch wear while changing the slave.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi my clutch is OK when it's parked up its only when I go on a long journey if I park up when I get were I'm going let it cool down & then pump the pedll up & down a few times I can keep going would you say it might need bleeding thanks
My first thought is this....the clutch and brakes share the same master cylinder. When the car is parked there's pressure, when you go for a long drive you lose pressure. What are the chances that using the brakes is somehow causing the clutch circuit to lose pressure?

Obvious thing to do is check the fluid level in the brake reservoir to make sure it's correct. If you go on a long drive, check the level before you leave and when the clutch stops working and see if the level has changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi yes apparently my mechanic told me the problem with the clutch is the flyweel so im going to order a complete kit ive got it probably cheaper than what he would charge me they get it cheaper & then you pay the full price

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
If you are present take photos for us to understand the issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
at the moment im waiting for clitch kit to arrive should come next week the clutch has probably been in since new do you want a photo of the old clutch or the new one

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
old, and if possible dismantling, and why it affects the pedal pressure.
How many kms on the original clutch?

Does your clutch kit include the slave cylinder?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes the kit includes the slave cylinder my dodge has only done 125,000 & im the second owner in the cars radio i have a am/fm /6 disc radio with navigation system & it has all the previous owners contents in it ie destinations & addresses typ radio/REC can you tell me how to clear every thing off bottom of radio has a mapping imformation for navigation on a DVDat the bottom of radio thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
4. To select an address from the Default folder, touch the Default Folder soft-key.
To select an address from another folder, touch one of the older soft-keys.
5. Touch the ADD soft-key to add a new contact. Touch CLEAR ALL to delete all contacts in this folder, touch DONE to go back to the Address Book menu, or touch a soft-key with a contact name to view, edit, or change the contact Information.

plus diagnostics for fun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts