Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here's my problem. 08 caliber 2.0 was running and started losing power and tranny had to be in low gear to proceed but only at a snail pace then car died all together. Now I have a dead battery and which is less than a week old. Any advice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok guys, here's my problem. 08 caliber 2.0 was running and started losing power and tranny had to be in low gear to proceed but only at a snail pace then car died all together. Now I have a dead battery and which is less than a week old. Any advice.
Without a OBD II(2) scanner you can't find what codes you are getting that is causing the Issue, This problem is similar to the problem I had and when I was able to get the car home the code I got with my scanner pointed to the throttle body so I replace the throttle body and my Issue never came back.See if you can find someone with a scanner(code reader) or you my just have to buy your own to see what your problem is these scanners (code readers )are worth having around they take the guess work out of guessing.

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
If you are near one of the major parts chains they may still help (to sell you parts).

"most auto part stores (such as AutoZone, Pep Boys and Advance Auto Parts) will provide a free diagnostic code reading"

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you are near one of the major parts chains they may still help (to sell you parts).

"most auto part stores (such as AutoZone, Pep Boys and Advance Auto Parts) will provide a free diagnostic code reading"
If his car like he said is moving at a snail pace why risk driving it to any one of those parts stores and then trying to get it back home even after a free diagnostic unless the problem can be fix in their parking lot which I doubt It.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same year and engine also stuck in "creep " mode. None of the codes I pulled show anything about the throttle body. What would that code be? I did replace the throttle body with one from a bone yard ,didn't fix issue. It does have 260k miles on it, transmission replaced at 219k, pcm was replaced around 250k.
According to Dodge this throttle body has been discontinued.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the same year and engine also stuck in "creep " mode. None of the codes I pulled show anything about the throttle body. What would that code be? I did replace the throttle body with one from a bone yard ,didn't fix issue. It does have 260k miles on it, transmission replaced at 219k, pcm was replaced around 250k.
According to Dodge this throttle body has been discontinued.
First mistake was buying one from a Bone Yard,Dodge told you the throttle body was discontinued doesn't mean you can't buy it else where.Some throttle bodies like the one you got from a use car my have to be relearn because your ECM didn't recognize it the throttle body i order off Amazon was a simple plug&play and the ECM on my car recognize it right away the company is MNJWS Parts&Accessories.

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
Az rarely 'cheapest' but they do give CS back-up & prompt delivery.

Under $40 on eBay loreadaautoparts2
Dodge Jeep 1.8L 2.0L 2.4L Throttle Body Caliber Journey Avenger #04891735AC

eBay item number:
313702461130 $40 GA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok, i'm going to give it a try. Didn't expect that they were so much less expensive on Amazon .
It's been a year since I did my throttle body if i can remember you might have to clear the codes with your OBD II code reader and you should be good I haven't had any problems since i did my own and it's son to be 2 years.

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
Reminder that there is a reprogramming technique in the handbook for the throttle.

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
owners handbook i think

Our knowledge base may be helpful to you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, new throttle body installed, did the reprogramming sequence and still the same condition.. I'll order a new connector for throttle body and try that, otherwise I'm stumped.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts