Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a class 2 hitch on my 2007 SXT Sport (2.0L cvt).

I understand from the manuals that this model can only tow 1000lb trailers with tongue weight of 150lb which means I should buy a class 1 hitch. However, I would like to install a class 2 hitch because my bike mount (4bikes) says it should be installed on a class 2.

I am planning to put only two bikes on the mount (to make sure I'm not pushing my car to the tongue limit of 150lb)(the bikes are 45lb each).

Do you know what brand or model makes a class 2 that fits caliber hitch receivers?
I might buy a truck a year later and I will remove the hitch from my caliber to the truck...that'swhy I don't like the class 1 hitch...........is it possible to find/install a class 2 hitch on my caliber?

Thanks in advance for your advices!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
There are none. Do what I did, put a class 1 on and use a 1" to 2" adapter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are none. Do what I did, put a class 1 on and use a 1" to 2" adapter.

Thanks! Your right....that's the only solution.....
however, since I wanted to install my bike rack on the hitch, the seller told me not to use an adapter (too much cantilever by the elongated arm[here:adapter])......I ended up returning the bike rack to costco and buying something more expensive but class I compatible......

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Me and my friend are going to custom make a hitch just for my bike rack. Its going to be a 2 inch receiver, since a hitch costs to much new

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Me and my friend are going to custom make a hitch just for my bike rack. Its going to be a 2 inch receiver, since a hitch costs to much new
$100 is too much?????????????

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah it is, when I need new tires + bills + gas. The cheapest hitch I've found is 145

1 - 6 of 6 Posts