Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
While browsing through some offers for Dodge Caliber I found chrome moulding in some American company located in Tennesee, I guess. When I called them they told me they no longer shipped internationally, which ruined my plans. But, I thought, when you can't have what you want, find something closest to it. And I ordered chrome-plated stripes on self-adhesive 3M tape, and it cost me 1/10 price of the original stripes. Maybe it took more work, but such work is only pure pleasure. I attach 4 pictures just to show you the effect. I was wondering if putting some more stripes would make my Cali look better, but I don't know where to put it. And I think that it would turn the viewers' attention from the car itself LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Way to save yourself money!! nice job!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Way to save yourself money!! nice job!!
Thank you Excaliber07. Money was not the issue but the availability of the parts here in Poland. It turned cheaper in the end, though.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Looks great just the way you did it. I think anymore would be overkill.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Hi! teachair, Looks real nice. Too bad the Tennessee company wouldn't ship to you. That's the state i live in. Rep's for you!!!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Across the belt-line would look nice Teachair, that's where i would put them if i did this, the belt-line is the ridge near the bottom of the door. you made a good job and it personalizes your Caliber.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
See If you can find any company that will ship you Chrome Door handles & chrome mirror covers?? Brendy & myself have Euro Calibers & got them fitted on ours.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for positive feedback. I was thinking about the beltline and around the wheels (?) but I guess that would be too much. The same, I guess, with chrome handles and mirrors. I know it looks nice, but for some reason I don't think it would fit the Inferno Red. And cleaning those dead insects... that would get my chrome mirror covers scratched very fast. Anyway, I appreciate you like it.
In two days I am going to the seaside and I can't wait to see those people looking at Cali and asking "What is it?" (What a bad attitude on my side, eh?) But the more important issue to me is that it takes 250 km to get there and I wonder what my mileage will be. Now I get 7.8 liter/100 km at the lowest and 9.0 l/100 km the highest. I know you get it in miles per gallon, but I guess you can recalculate it. Anyway, I had to take my Cali to the dealer two weeks ago because there was a strange noise in the right back door. It rattled when riding on uneven road (which in Poland we have plenty of), and it generally pi**ed me off. And only me, because my wife and son said that's nothing. But I heard it!!! (You know that feeling). So I took it and it turned out that when thgey were dimming the windows they forgot to put some sponge, as they said, that hold the little tip that closes the door (this is when you do not know the name of the thing). And it's perfectly quiet inside now. Nothing, but Toby Keith in the speakers. Keep on rollin' guys!!!

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Everyone in the world can hear the small creaks and rattles in their own car, it's almost an obsession for most people that own a new car, including myself......I hate rattles and squeaks!!!:str:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts