Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the acceleration tsb to my wifes 07 caliber made a huge difference. Feels better. Looks like gas milage is better too. Before we did tsb she was also having a stutter upon further diag it's only while a/c is on. Every single maintenance / service has been done. I've looked it over I see nothing. Scan for codes nothing. Anyone heard of anything similar whether it's a tsb or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I can't really comment on your problem.

But, I can comment on my A/C performance.

Calibers have a variable displacement compressor with no clutch. The amount of refrigerant that gets pumped varies smoothly from 0% to 100% based on operating conditions.

0% when the A/C is off, 100% when the A/C is on during a very hot day.

The compressor is regulated by the engine's computer. It also adjusts the engine's operating parameters to compensate for the extra load caused by the compressor.

In my car, outside of a little extra noise when the A/C is on, I do not notice any performance difference, stuttering, etc. due to the computer keeping things under control. Wish I could say the same for the MPG with the A/C on...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have the same issue. Ive tried replacing spark plugs, different gas stations, fuel injector cleaner, and I even had the TSB done.

One thing that did make it a ton better was using a different oil and filter than what the Dodge service center uses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it happened with a/c for the first time. Will be doing more diagnostics tomorrow. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Could be a defective compressor or other piping problem too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts