Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CANADA: Fiat announces 10 year extended subframe front and rear crossmembers 08-12

Just got the letter in the mail today from Fiat Chrysler:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also recieved the same . I just had a control arm replaced and not being a mechanic I'm not sure if it is part of this recall . It does say that it will cover any charges to do a safety check of the crossmembers . Not sure what those are yet.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a visual with likely a big screw driver to see if there is perforation. They won't be pulling things apart to do the inspection. And the only part that gets replaced is the frames and nothing else.

You are likely responsible for any suspension parts that are worn out that need to be replaced at the same time.

They will replace the frames and put everything back and do an front and rear alignment.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just received a letter from FCA yesterday...the 10-year/unlimited mileage warranty on the front/rear crossmembers has been extended to cover all model year Calibers in the US as well. The warranty includes a free annual inspection of the crossmembers at an FCA dealership, as well as a reimbursement program if you've already paid to have one or both replaced due to corrosion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts