Dodge Caliber Forum banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
So i got the new clutch installed but failed to get the tranny in and busted the crankshaft position sensor or speed sensor. Will try again tomorrow. I also have to stop by dodge to get some of the shift linkage clips.

68018106AA

·
Super Moderator
12,602 Posts
Where is the slave ?

·
Super Moderator
12,602 Posts
That looks like it, really buried inside.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
That looks like it, really buried inside.

Yeah there was a lot of oil. I cleaned it up a bit. Also i just ordered a EVO X Intercooler to see if this will help. I am also looking into Evo X Big turbos to see if it will be easier to hit my goal of 270whp with less PSI. I am kind of finding it hard to get to with this turbo. I am about to change the wastegate now as well.

Also i am reading into the EVO X forums and i am look and wondering if the EVO X was a failure. It seems like the gains would be great for the caliber tho.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Hello, i now am trying to get the 3 bar map sensor to work. I just got it in and so far so good. Just having to redo my tables tho. Also i just changed the clutch and coils. Idk why it working gokd now. I cant pin point it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
I will say i had a scare of a boost spike to 19 psi and a big back fire. I took of the aftermarket wastegate i had bought and it seems like pressure is not building up in it for some reason. So i put the stock wastegate back on and back to 10.2 psi. It is also no sputtering a half throttle now which i just dont understand. Maybe i got the pt numbers dialed in better this time.

In other news I found someone selling a 20g turbo for the evo x and i would like to give that turbo a try now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
So i watched this video and i did not do this with this wastegate so it is in my error of why the wastegate was not working. I will need to retry installing the spring again.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
So my starter started to give out since about 2 weeks ago. So i have finally decided to change it. I tried getting it back in by the TB but had no success. So I took off the intake manifold and found that the gaskets were melted to mush and so much oil leaking. I am now cleaning the intake manifold and putting new gaskets on. The intake manifold was full of crap lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Well i did a full send this afternoon and it looks like the clutch blew up. I will be taking the tranny back out next weekend or so and seeing what happened.
I had to redo the shift linkage because i could only get it into first gear. and when i got it back together and try to put it in gear and go the clutch dose not engae untill it is at the high part and then if i give it some gas the RPMs slip the higher it is.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 168 Posts