Dodge Caliber Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
So add fuel has helped alot with the 15psi range. I am trying to get it to its safest fuel levels. I may need a bigger fuel pump or injectors now though as i am now at around 75% injector usage. I will be doing some more tuning after work today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello bro, i was thinking the same think like you, to add turbo on my 1.8 sxt 2007 5 speed manual and now that i saw your post, i want it even more haha! As i live in Greece and there are no SRT4 cars here, even the 2.0 caliber is rare here, i was then thinking of engine swap with srt turbo engine, no luck finding one so the only option is what you did! I was looking to buy this kit and take it to my local tuner to install it. Do you think that this kit will fit?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Hello bro, i was thinking the same think like you, to add turbo on my 1.8 sxt 2007 5 speed manual and now that i saw your post, i want it even more haha! As i live in Greece and there are no SRT4 cars here, even the 2.0 caliber is rare here, i was then thinking of engine swap with srt turbo engine, no luck finding one so the only option is what you did! I was looking to buy this kit and take it to my local tuner to install it. Do you think that this kit will fit?
Hello, so that kit you would have to make a manifold for it to fit as it dose not come with a manifold. Also that intercooler i am not to sure of the route it would take.

For a easier setup i would look for a used csrt4/evo/railiart turbo, manifold, and intercooler. Do not mix them. That would be the smoothest way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
okay i see what u mean, i found this turbo/manifold (GARRET) that says it fits lancher viii and caliber. As for the intercooler, i found this one
Art Font Metal Auto part Graphics

As for the intercooler, i found this one
Gas Medical equipment Auto part Font Electric blue

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
That manifold i am not sure if it will fit. But the holes are circles instead of squarish so i do not know if it will fit. That intercooler will work but some cutting may be required for the hot pipe.

I would recommend the srt 4 intercooler for ease of install. But parts for it are hard to find.

I do like that intercooler though. I need one thag size 😁

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
haha yeah thats what i liked about the intercooler too, seems badass. I found some photos of the stock manifold and seems that the holes are circles too!
View attachment 17350

So that is the intake manifold. You would have to remove the exhaust manifold. But the problem is the circled below

Font Electric blue Fashion accessory Auto part Graphics

This is the exhaust manifold gasket. squarish.

Auto part Circle Font Symmetry Drawing

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Also I think my Muffler is causing p0420. Might be blockage in my muffler or something. I just need to do a couple more drive cycles to find out.

Anyone know of a good muffler replacement?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
So on my way home today. It seems like something is going on with the clutch. It is not able to go into gear with the car on. So I had to roll into a parking lot. I wonder if it is the slave cylinder or the master cylinder. I push the clutch pedal in and it feels tougher. any suggestions?

·
Registered
339 Posts
So on my way home today. It seems like something is going on with the clutch. It is not able to go into gear with the car on. So I had to roll into a parking lot. I wonder if it is the slave cylinder or the master cylinder. I push the clutch pedal in and it feels tougher. any suggestions?
My clutch master cylinder went out, and the clutch pedal went to the floor and stayed there.

Check your brake fluid level.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts