Dodge Caliber Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed both 02 sensors and still have p0420 and also the new cat from amazon did not work. I guess i need a better catalytic converter. as this is the only code i have or do the non fouler trick which i do not what to have to do.

Anyways i got it up to 10 psi and now it seems to lose boost as it gets closer to redline. it will go back as low as 6psi sometimes. other then that I am learning how to tune half throttle now and the car is running good so far. I also got 1 step colder plugs for ngk which is a 6.
OBD2 Vihicle J Style M18X1.5 O2 Oxygen Sensor Angled Extender Spacer K | JCarPart
I have an srt 4 with a catless down pipe and you could buy a j pipe to bypass the o2 sensor.
Like your build btw ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
OBD2 Vihicle J Style M18X1.5 O2 Oxygen Sensor Angled Extender Spacer K | JCarPart
I have an srt 4 with a catless down pipe and you could buy a j pipe to bypass the o2 sensor.
Like your build btw ;)
I am going to look into that for sure and thanks man! it has been a experience that is for sure.

Now I am running into a problem with Part Throttle. I dont know if it is surgeing or what but the turbo is just spooling to fast and the boost gauge sputters fast making driving normally annoying. I am trying to figure out how to tune Part Throttle and how to get my lower gears richer at WOT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going to look into that for sure and thanks man! it has been a experience that is for sure.

Now I am running into a problem with Part Throttle. I dont know if it is surgeing or what but the turbo is just spooling to fast and the boost gauge sputters fast making driving normally annoying. I am trying to figure out how to tune Part Throttle and how to get my lower gears richer at WOT.
Are you using hp tuners ?? If you are go under Airflow-electronic throttle-under the power try lowering max power, max power high octane, max power high performance to like 200-300 in all table and see what happens that makes my calibers pedal more sensitive when its higher and its harder to drive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Are you using hp tuners ?? If you are go under Airflow-electronic throttle-under the power try lowering max power, max power high octane, max power high performance to like 200-300 in all table and see what happens that makes my calibers pedal more sensitive when its higher and its harder to drive.
correct. I will take a look at that and give it a try! thanks man. Are you also a 1.8?

SO something happened and I heard a loud pop after pushing the car and then the car was sounding funny. It happened to be my Secondary 02 being pushed out as the threads are not good anymore. So that is stumping me a bit at the moment.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
So i got the exhaust fixed up a bit and took the car to the dyno to try to tune it up some more and now the car is driving pretty good with 205 whp. From 10 psi and tappers down 8psi. Ill update the dyno pics later today or tmrw!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Do you have a boost gauge in the car? If so, what did you use and how did you connect?

Do you know if the MAP sensor reading in OBD2 shows boost?
I bought a bosch boost gauge from amazon. I ditched the hoses that it came with and just got some rubber hose from autozone. Then I T'ed it to the break booster hose.

It will but i think it is kind of off. I am not to sure how. But i can read boost with HPTuners just fine if i use the 3 bar csrt4 map sensor. I am using the stock map atm due to a cut off issue with the 3bar.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts