Dodge Caliber Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
You have a 1.8 engine?

170hp at the wheels from a 1.8?

I think they were rated at 150hp at the crank stock, 170 at the wheels is a huge gain! That would be something like a 40hp gain.

Do you have a manual transmission? Did you put in different or new fuel injectors?

What turbo are you using?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
You have a 1.8 engine?

170hp at the wheels from a 1.8?

I think they were rated at 150hp at the crank stock, 170 at the wheels is a huge gain! That would be something like a 40hp gain.

Do you have a manual transmission? Did you put in different or new fuel injectors?

What turbo are you using?
Yeah i have a excel sheet of everything i bought but i may need to revise it.

Correct. I feel like there is more but i need to fix this knock sensor issue.

It is 148hp crank stock for the 1.8. So far so good and this is with me tuning it so far. A pro would be able to get more out of it easily.

Yes I have the manual 5 speed transmission. Yes I put in the 2004 PT Cruiser turbo injectors. They are blue tops.

I am using a 2012 Lancer Ralliart turbo on about 7-8 PSI currently.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
I was thinking of getting a salvage 2008+ Ralliart or Evo and pulling the whole turbo system, intercooler, plumbing, airbox and all to put into my Caliber.

How are you controlling the boost? Do you have the Ralliart ECU or a separate boost controller?
A evo will work. I am on my stock ecm with hptuners as my ecm management system.

For the turbo coolant lines i spliced into the heater hoses

I am having fitment issues for a air box. Maybe if i used a srt4 manifold and turbo there would be more room. I am still trying to add a custom air filter in.

I did use all of the charge pipes from the Lancer Railiart. The evo should be the same. The hot pipes i used was custom. The SRT-4 Piping should work extremly well with the srt 4 intercooler. You may not need to cut with Csrt4 intercooler parts.

No boost controller. Just what ever the wastegate spring can hold. I am currently on the stock wastegate with a compression spring added so i can use 7 psi. They also got these. Kinugawa Billet Adjustable Turbo Actuator Mitsubishi 4B11T EVO X 10 Lancer TD05H

·
Registered
317 Posts
I did use all of the charge pipes from the Lancer Railiart. The evo should be the same. The hot pipes i used was custom.
Did you use the exhaust manifold from the Ralliart? The Lancer engine and the Caliber engine were developed together and many of the parts are identical. It would be great to know that the Ralliart exhaust manifold worked....then I might be able to use all the hot and charge plumbing and maybe even the Rallart airbox too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Yes it fits. From my understanding so far until someone else can confirm. Railiart manifold use the railiart turbo. Evo x manifold use the evo x turbo. The turbo is just super close to the heater hose lines.

With proper planning and plumbing you could still use the stock air boxes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Been a minute and here are some updates!

So far I have been tuning the WOT a bit more and I think i got it right where i would like it at now. It also feels more powerful then my last dyno.

So now I will be focusing on smoothing out part throttle. So far so good guys! I may do a another dyno run next week. I also want to post a video of the exhaust system and driving.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
Update

So I will post the mileage and dyno updates on page 1.

Yesterday while tuning on 10 psi I think the catalytic convert has broke as it is now rattling. It could ask just be the heatshield rattling. = (. (amazon 50$ cat). Other than that so far so good. Also since taking of the wastegate spring trick it takes longer to spool the turbo now.

also that is the 02 sensor i am having a hard time getting off.

I put the gold stuff there to seal any leaks if possible :).

I will be getting a better exhaust one day so try not to flame me to hard lol.

Also looks like one of the motor mounts are starting to crack more. (due to age. it was cracking before I put the turbo on.)

Some pics below!

Hand Glove Gesture Sleeve Finger

Car Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Steering part

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Product Font Technology Electronic device Screenshot

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Tuning today and everything is going well so far. I am also buying this to fix my Cat and change both 02 sensors to see if i can get rid of code p0420. I also had this code before adding the turbo which is crazy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I changed both 02 sensors and still have p0420 and also the new cat from amazon did not work. I guess i need a better catalytic converter. as this is the only code i have or do the non fouler trick which i do not what to have to do.

Anyways i got it up to 10 psi and now it seems to lose boost as it gets closer to redline. it will go back as low as 6psi sometimes. other then that I am learning how to tune half throttle now and the car is running good so far. I also got 1 step colder plugs for ngk which is a 6.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts