·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Did a little bit of test fitting

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive tire

Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I also did my first write with HP Tuners. Everything went well and I reflashed it back to the base flash. The next thing I will try is to get the 04 PT Cruiser injectors to idle with HPTuners.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I am looking to start putting things together this weekend! I have been messing with HPtuners in my spare time trying to figure things out from scratch and it has been interesting. I have been on HPTunners website so far and have not gotten any replies to my post over there. It seems dodge is a tight buddy buddy network. So i am just skimming some of the chargers and challengers info to see if i can put 1 and 2 together for the caliber. We shall see. But so far no answers.

But HPTunners Support team has been great so far!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Kinda got stuck but i can say that the manifold fits perfectly fine! Now i just gotta figure out how to get off the exhaust bracket bolt off. I am wondering if it holds the axle in place though. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd leave the engine alone and think about suspension upgrades. Get the SRT4 sway bars, the R/T brakes and the KW V1 coil overs (or at least the stock SRT4 struts and springs). Get the R/T wheels and put on the Yokohama Advan 052 tires. You will be amazed by the handling and still have good ride quality.
I can't seem to find struts/springs for the SRT4 to put on my 2008 SXT. Are they Mopar only or does Moog/Monroe or a. Decent company make them? Thinking about going MaxSpeedingRodz Coilovers for under $400. The Godspeeds are nice and have a tapered rear spring but are $600. Definitely can't afford Megan or anything fancy like the KW. Just a daily driver, looking to spend less than $500. Stock rims and tires. What would you recommend? My struts are bad in the front so I need them anyway.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I can't seem to find struts/springs for the SRT4 to put on my 2008 SXT.
I'd go with the Caliber SRT4 struts/shocks and springs. I just put them on my track car

You can buy the struts and shocks new from the Dodge dealer, but the springs are discontinued. I found a set of used SRT4 springs on Facebook Marketplace for about $200. I have the part numbers listed below (you should double check them).

Front Struts - LH 5181029AE RH 5181028AE
Rear Shocks - 5181030AG x2
Front Springs - 5105002AC x2
Rear Springs - 5105882AB x2

Here are the regular springs vs SRT4 springs side by side. From left to right, standard front sprint, SRT4 front, standard rear, SRT4 rear.

Plant Wood Grass Terrestrial plant Font

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
So good news! After the last couple of days i have been learning how to tune the car and finally got a good running tune so far. The car has went from 117 whp to 153 whp so far haha. No map sensor yet though and no boost gauge so i dont know how much boost it is getting currently but the AFR is on the rich side currently and plenty of room for fine tuning!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I wish i had a dyno to really tell the whp. i was using a app called torque. I dont feel like it is correct. but the car feels so much better!! and it is on a rich tune. I have it in the mid 9 afr atm. but I am still learning this stuff. I have just been messing with the car all day after work and the weekends. It has been fun and some frustrations as well. But finally the car is feeling smooth and the front end picks up on the front right :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Good news. Inside of HP tuners there was another option for voltage and I changed it to the srt4 map sensor should be and it is now working correctly! i think the oreillys one should work as well! Now i just gotta fine tune. I am currently at 6psi with a wastegate mod but i have another wastegate coming in with a 0.3 bar / 4.41 Psi .

I also want to get the IAT connected to the intake charge pipe some how as it is sitting in the stock air box currently.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
i have it around 7.8 psi now and trying to get the afr correct still. So far this thing has been a champ. I may look into lowering it because this thing can not handle with stock struts... go figure lol.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts