Dodge Caliber Forum banner
201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Did you use your 1.8 or the 2.4 injectors? I read jumping to bigger injectors on the same tune can sometimes confuse the ecu and cause it to dump more fuel than needed? I only ask because I'm doing the same thing as you in the coming days. I'm putting the 2.4 in and would like to use my 1.8 ecu. I was hoping I could at least start the car on my 1.8 ecu after swapping in the 2.4. I could say it's running but needing a tune. I'm debating on what injectors to use after reading that bigger isn't always better.
Also i thought the 1.8 and 2.4 are the same injectors? Are you talking 2.4 srt?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Idk if it is my tune or not but this 2.4 motor get way hotter then the 1.8 lol. So i have not given up on tuning and i have been messing with everything trying to get the idle afr to 14.7/1.00 lambda. No matter what i change it keeps aiming for .88 lambda.. I will try more another time.

I also emailed hp tuners to see if they can fix a fuel option that i can not edit on my 1.8 ecm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also i thought the 1.8 and 2.4 are the same injectors? Are you talking 2.4 srt?
Naaa broski. The 1.8 has the purple injectors. The 2.0 and the 2.4 have the blue. If you look them up they're different part numbers. Ican't remember the flow rates on them, but a simple Google should tell you. The srt has a set of its own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Idk if it is my tune or not but this 2.4 motor get way hotter then the 1.8 lol. So i have not given up on tuning and i have been messing with everything trying to get the idle afr to 14.7/1.00 lambda. No matter what i change it keeps aiming for .88 lambda.. I will try more another time.

I also emailed hp tuners to see if they can fix a fuel option that i can not edit on my 1.8 ecm.
Have you thought about getting a 2.4 ecm and trying to trim the fuel from there. I mean, it's gotta be a step closer in the right direction yea? It's actually my plan b if my srt4 ecm turns out to be no good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Have you thought about getting a 2.4 ecm and trying to trim the fuel from there. I mean, it's gotta be a step closer in the right direction yea? It's actually my plan b if my srt4 ecm turns out to be no good.
Yup. I got one from the junkyard and copied the trims from them. I am still messing with things now. I have rc750cc injectors from my old car so getting them dialed in is the hardest part so far.

Also i have now converted the car over to E85 and trying to get everything leveled.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
So a quick update.

The cars still bogging out around 5k rpm. I am thinking it is an injector issue. But It is not misfiring like crazy before but that is also because i am not dumping so much fuel this time around.. Other then that man it can burn the tires up in second gear so i think it has some power. Just gotta fix this injector issue some how.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Have you inspected the intake manifold runner and its components?

Do the butterflies move freely (about a 22.5° movement)? Does its control motor operate?

Flux capacitor... fluxing?

View attachment 17519

View attachment 17521
Yes it dose. But the tb did have a rattle sound. O wonder if that is causing my idle surge

The 5k rpm thing is fuel dropping. I have seen it on my log is why i am thinking fuel. Maybe the voltage is wrong for these injectors at high load is what i am thinking.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had an idle issue last year that turned out to be a hole in a vacuum line running between the battery and engine. Moving the battery around while the engine was running is how I found that.

The line was pressed against the corner of the battery, which wore a hole in the line. Most times the hole was plugged by the position of the battery. When I leaned over the hood to look around, I moved the it and heard the pssssssssssspspssss.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
I had an idle issue last year that turned out to be a hole in a vacuum line running between the battery and engine. Moving the battery around while the engine was running is how I found that.

The line was pressed against the corner of the battery, which wore a hole in the line. Most times the hole was plugged by the position of the battery. When I leaned over the hood to look around, I moved the it and heard the pssssssssssspspssss.

Today I checked the two lines to the intake manifold and no leaks.. It was something with the tune when I switch to e85. Now i fixed the surge issue but now the idle is still high around 1.4k rpm... Also i need to figure out how to control spark as that seems to be the issue why it is sputtering and cutting out at full throttle. around 2.5k to 3k rpm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
So i just got some Csrt4 injectors and put them in to see if it would help with the injector data and i am having the same idle troubles. I just copied the srt4 data from hptuners website and it is not working out to well so far. I am also on E85 now and added about 30% more fueling to the tables but no luck so far. I will say that the 1.8 did like the tune alot better with the 04 turbo pt crusier injectors which is weird. When i did it with the 2.4 motor it is alot more in need of adjustments. I wish i could explain this a lot better tho..

Also i did find this guide here from the evo x guys that could be helpful for people wanting to tune. Its a good starting spot.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Quick update. I have gotten some good pulls done lately and now i am trying to figure out how to get rid of this P0507 code that keeps coming up for Idle air control. I have also gotten the RPMS down from 1600 to around 870ish range but still have this p0507 code. It had nothing to do with the idle controls but it was the spark that finally lowered it.

I have been also trying to get on the dyno this week but i think they may be busy.

(side note for my other car)
Discount tire has been messing with me for the last two weeks. last week thursday I went to get my tires looked at to see if there was a nail in it due to my tire pressure light coming on. They looked at my tires and said everything was good. A coworker warned me about these tire shops and how they dont do everything needed. So Monday I jacked up the car due to a rattling noise. I though my exhaust bolts were loose. Wrong. My test pipe has completely cracked from the weld.. Odd.. So while the car was in the air i took a look at my back tires that they took off and looked at. ( I even have a picture of them doing it) My right rear tire is showing thread like crazy! These tires only have 22k miles on them and i get the car aligned every 10k miles. I have the receipts.

I then go to the discount tire near me on Tuesday and explained the situation and he said that he would have my new by Wednesday and would call me when they are ready.. I hear nothing. Friday I go back up there and asked what happened. He said he was sorry and it should have been here. He then puts another order in for Today and gave me his word that he would have them ready Today. I know today is not over but my DD has been down since Monday and this is getting extremely ridiculous. -_- :mad:...

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
I would buy my tires online and avoid the hassle.

Reactions: 672aq

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Discount Tires, discount service.
They aren't happy until you're not happy.

P0507: vacuum leak? I already said that, though, lol.
haha never thought of it like that lol.. The tires are in but they never called me. I will be getting them on monday lol.

I looked but i did not hear anything. I am going to have to pull the two hoses from the intake manifold and look at them good.

Also on another note... I found the power button andddd... I need a new clutch to hold the power as it slipped like crazy... I found a stage 3 clutch for the lancer and will be trying it. STAGE 3 CLUTCH KIT+SLAVE for 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 LANCER 2.0L 2.4L NON-TURBO | eBay

I hope it fits. But man dose the car pull compared to the 1.8. Hopefully i can get this clutch in and broken in before saturday. I am trying to dyno it saturday. Lots of projects this week.

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
201 - 220 of 225 Posts