Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 caliber, I recently replaced both of the camshaft position sensors because my engine has been constantly throwing codes relating to them so I figured I’d try it out to see if it would fix it, after installing both new sensors the car won’t start, it try’s to turn over but that’s it, after playing with the battery for a bit (unplugging it, plugging it back in) the car will run fine, although throwing multiple codes about the sensors, saying the sensors have bad wiring or something of that sort, then as soon as I turn the car off I have to repeat the process all over again to get it to start, could the sensors I installed be bad? Could I have broken something when changing them out?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had to replace the camshaft position sensors & the crankshaft position sensor... Soon as I did that it started! I would check all connections, if you have a multimeter check and see if any voltage is going through the wire to the sensor. One thing I learned is some things need to be oem mopar... these electrical systems can be finicky!!! I’ve had multiple problems with my car but luckily got it working... Sad to say the cars they make now a days are crap co paired to the simple ones of the old days...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts