Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and gals, I was thinking it would be a great idea to get a thread going for people to post up links to their vids of various exhaust systems. This would make it easier for those that are thinking of installing an aftermarket exhaust to find the one they like. Just post a link to a vid and the info on your engine and exhaust system so others can make an educated decision on what they would like.

So to start off, I will post up mine. 2007 Caliber SXT Sport with 1.8L engine and 5 speed tranny. Fully custom exhaust using a mid mounted 5x8x18 magnaflow muffler in the center tunnel back to a y pipe and dual tips. Total cost would be around $300 I think using some stock piping and custom bent piping to the tips. Forgot to also mention that I don't have the CAI on this car in the vid. Its all exhaust sound you hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3fdKbbDPg

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Sounds really good with a stick! I hear no rice grains bouncing around at all!!
Reps to you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not bad, I may just go for a similer set-up after i get the header on!
The header will likely change the sound a bit, make it louder, but possibly deeper. I have the stock manifold still. I love how quiet it is under light throttle cruise though. In most situations just cruising along its barely noticeable, but open it up and the exhaust comes to life.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Sounds good, reps for that bro

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btw you have an SE caliber, sxt isn't a 1.8, 5 speed
Is that directed at me? My car is in fact an SXT Sport package. Base engine in the SE and SXT including sport packages is the 1.8L with 5 speed manual up till 2009 I think. Since the 1.8 is now discontinued, it is now as Aleks says, 2.0L engine with both transmission options.

·
Registered
108 Posts
having trouble finding the mopar cat-back on ebay. magnaflow is all over thought, but don't know if it will sound bad on the 2.0L with the CVTII? anybody have a video of an exhaust on a CVT?

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
anyone have a video of the caliber with a DC sports exhaust? i have been unable to find one anywhere on the net... or is it the same as the mopar exhaust?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts