Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I have pictures in the gallery on how to fit/remove the aircon filter.. all UK/Euro calibers are fitted with the filter as standard..
I revise this post as i am wrong, the UK 'S' does not have A/C so does not come with a filter as i said, the SE up comes with A/C as standard, this was pointed out to me by member UK Aleks.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I installed one as soon as I learned the caliber had that as an option, this is a good reminder though has been 6 months need to put in a fresh one.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
I have pictures in the gallery on how to fit/remove the aircon filter.. all UK/Euro calibers are fitted with the filter as standard..
Good find GeeEssFore! :smileup:

So brendy my Caliber has this aircon filter as standard ? I think I'll check tomorrow ...
If so after how many time do I have to clean or change it ? I mean every 6 months or after 1 year ... or ?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
This was the first thing i learned about the Caliber after joining the forumZ. In the 07 Caliber, if you didn't have a special security option on your car, it didn't come with the cabin air filter. I checked my Caliber, it didn't have one. All Calibers have the place to put one in but i think Chrysler only added the filter with the special security option to cut cost from the factory. I went to my dealer and paid around $17.00 for it. I took it home and put it in. This was before after market one's were being sold, so i know you can find one cheaper. I think you are suppose to change them once a year or every 12,000 miles. I only drive around 5,000 miles a year, so i'm going to change mine once every two years

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Good find GeeEssFore! :smileup:

So brendy my Caliber has this aircon filter as standard ? I think I'll check tomorrow ...
If so after how many time do I have to clean or change it ? I mean every 6 months or after 1 year ... or ?
Yes Licia, you should have one in as standard..:smileup:
here's a couple of pics i have in the gallery...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cabin filter

I've opted to change mine whether it needs it or not. It may not appear to be that dirty, but it traps mold, and pollen and stuff. There is a musty smell that develops from the filter.
So what I do is change mine when I change the batteries in my smoke detectors. You know when daylight savings time happens(twice a year it's a good reminder).

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
BBRT i do believe that twice a year would be an excellent choice.I would do it after summertime ends due to the pollen and the again before summer begins...just a thought!!!!!:smiley_thumbs_up:
The usual interval for the filter is 12 months/12K miles. It all depends on what the environmental conditions are. I found the best way is to check it at each oil change.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I change the one in The Rodentwoman's Aveo every year. It's dirty but not too bad. I have also yet to find an aftermarket one for that car and it is over $30 at the dealer. It is also tough to install since it must be bent at a 90º angle to slide it in the slot since there is metal bracket in the way of a straight in installation.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ok, so this is kind of crazy, but if anyone has the air filter in the cabin and after some time you notice a whistle like noise from the heater, vents, or A/C. It is most likely the filter needs changed. That is how I know it is time to change mine.lol :D

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Ok, so this is kind of crazy, but if anyone has the air filter in the cabin and after some time you notice a whistle like noise from the heater, vents, or A/C. It is most likely the filter needs changed. That is how I know it is time to change mine.lol :D
Yeah, the one I had in my Land Rover would do that when it was clogged, but only with the blower on low. I think on higher speeds it was too high a frequency to hear.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I have just revised this thread, the UK 'S' (standard) does not have A/C so does not have a filter at all, 'SE' models and up do come with A/C and do have a Airfilter as standard, this was pointed out to me by UK member Aleks.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Filter installed easily. It's a WIX #24313 which was about $35. It is marked to change every 80k miles. I don't know if it will last that long. The original filter was dirtier than the attached photo shows. Holding the old and new up to a light bulb indicates that the old one had a fair amount of blockage.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts