Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, i bought a used ac compressor for my 2007 caliber cause mine went out,ok now on the compressor that i bought i try to spin it and it dont spin,does anyone one know if they are supposed to spin freely,dont wanna remove the one in my car and install this one and for it not to work....thank you guys

·
Registered
718 Posts
From what I know the pulley should freewheel when the compressor is off...it's only when you turn on the AC and the electromagnetic clutch is engaged that the pulley will be connected to the "guts" of the compressor and cause it to run. So, if you can't spin the pulley with the alternator in your hand, something's wrong with the clutch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I know the pulley should freewheel when the compressor is off...it's only when you turn on the AC and the electromagnetic clutch is engaged that the pulley will be connected to the "guts" of the compressor and cause it to run. So, if you can't spin the pulley with the alternator in your hand, something's wrong with the clutch.
damn well thats what i thought,see if i can get my money back cuase it cause it dont spin freely...thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts