Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Cali’s 3 year warranty has almost run out……

37K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  caliberlover07 
#1 · (Edited)
Cali’s 3 year warranty is almost up on July 10, 2009. I can’t believe it’s almost been 3 years since I picked her up and the fun has never stopped yet. I still though have the 5 year 100,000 power train warranty left though. I figured I not waste money on the extended warranty now since there are a lot of key items that are not covered on after-market warranties.

#2 ·
I think my warranty has just ended, only had to have a couple of things fixed. Now watch it blow up lol!!!

#3 ·
3 years old , wow! :smileup:
Mine will be 1 year old next week ... already 1 year has passed, it looks like yesterday I picked her up!
During this first year I had 3 warranty works on her, so next year when my warranty will be over I will see what the dealer offers for an exension and if it worth it (they told me every year they make some "special offers" for warranty extension... :4-dontknow:)

#4 ·
We have an annual vehicle inspection from the third anniversary.
So yesterday I had mine as it's in the last month and I wanted to find everything that could still be fixed under warranty.
Looked through all posts on squeaks and rattles, even climbed around underneath with the inspector and his floodlight checking all bushes, rubbers, joints, struts.

No leaks or cracks or spills. Nothing, not even rust or a scratch on any shield. It's perfect!

And I was not expecting that result exactly.

#5 ·
sounds like a good idea to take it in for a 3 year inspection before my warranty runs out.

#8 ·
Our monthly service visits included valeting - I'm having to use a sponge myself now!

#7 ·
Put aside (yea right) a monthly allowance for car care.

#10 ·
I have made my appointment to have Cali checked over just in time before her 3 year warranty is up. More details to come on Tuesday once I take her in.

#11 · (Edited)
So I took Cali in this past week for her 3 year last appointment.....

The dealership knew it was 3 days away from the warranty being up so they refused to do a "final inspection" for free. The service person I know at the dealership said I could have an inspection for $124. They normally do a 16 point free inspection when all customers bring in a car. I think this is B.S. They also wouldn't tighten by e-brake as they usually do when I'm in there, since it is considered "wear & tear". The only thing they would do was spray the air conditioner unit inside the vents since it was still under the warranty for the musty or dirty sock smell.

#13 ·
Mine expired early in April so I took it in to get everything done that I'd been ignoring. All the outstanding TSB's that I'd put off for the past 3 years like the squeaking front seat and the dripping rear window washer.
Also had the front struts and rear bearings replaced along with the hazard warning switch that was acting screwy.

Now going on 3 months without a warrenty nothings broke yet.

Knock on wood!!!!

#14 ·
Klaytonz to answer your question its Columbia Chrysler on Minoru blvd. here in Richmond. I purchased the car at Richmond Chrysler in the Richmond Auto mall. The only reason why I have been taking it to Columbia is because it is much closer to my house. I have only been to the auto mall dealership a couple of times since I picked up the car. They are always far too busy as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.