Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just joined today, I'm glad I found it! Great stuff! I've pretty much learned what I need for my SXT, but was wondering if there are specific model types for each of the following??? Any help would be great, thanks! (it's an 08 if that helps)

1. * performance header
performance exhaust
body kit
Spark plugs
cold air intake

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
C.A.I.'s, most of us have the K&N or the Mopar one. Header, DC Sports or Mopar. I think both are made from the same factory. Exhaust, Magnaflow and Mopar makes one. You could have a good muffler shop custom make one for you. Sparkplugs, are what you like the best. They are alot of body kits out there. Ever which one you like and willing to pay, they cost alot of money. If you want to hear and see what a Mopar c.a.i., Mopar header and a Magnaflow exhaust system sounds like click on this link www.youtube.com/davidandchico I have three video's. One is a 0 to 60, one is a 0 to 90 and the otherone is how my Magnaflow exhaust sounds like.

Reactions: Prop1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Pumps??

So I've been looking on some different sites that do after market mod's, and I've read a lot about fuel pumps/injectors giving you some extra umph, is that true, and would it apply with the SXT?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I wouldn't even think about Larger fuel injectors or a higher flow fuel pump until you install a C.A.I., header and an exhaust system. I don't think the Caliber would ever need a higher flow fuel pump, but the thought of higher flow (larger) fuel injectors have crossed my mind. It would be nice to try a one size larger set of fuel injectors to see how they perform. I haven't even checked yet to see if Mopar makes a one size larger fuel injector for our Calibers.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Why would you want to do a ricey thing like put a body kit on a car that already has good lines. It's not an ugly car like a honda and does not need cosmetics to make it look nicer.

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
does not need cosmetics to make it look nicer.
Looking nicer and customising for a personal different look are not necessarily the same thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, after I saw the prices on the body kits, the desire went away pretty quick, and you're right, with a little tint, some rain shields, and a few extras, it cleaned up quite nicely.

ps If any one has ever installed a header on their own, I'd love some details. I have a mechanic friend who is willing to help, but I want it done right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts