Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all Calibers have the compartment? If so do we have the option of putting a filter in and getting benefit from it?:fly2:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Do all Calibers have the compartment? If so do we have the option of putting a filter in and getting benefit from it?:fly2:
The cabin air filter comes with the security package(at least in Canada)
and is located behind the glove box door.You can access it by opening the
glove box fully downward,pushing the back corners of the glove inward to
bypass the travel stops and it should swing downwards,at least that's
how mine works(June/06 bulit SXT).
Take a flashlight and look at the air dustwork directly behind the glovebox,
you will see a 1" high removalable piece or plastic cover and it just pops off.
The filters are availiable as a part# at dealer and they are dust and dirt filters
as they don't have any effect regarding odours.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,I have keyless entry,engine mobilizer.Do I have the airfilter slot?If I do can I put a filter in it so it will filter?I heard all calibers come with this filter slot,I do not know if that is true,but I would like to know if it will work,thanks.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Ok,I have keyless entry,engine mobilizer.Do I have the airfilter slot?If I do can I put a filter in it so it will filter?I heard all calibers come with this filter slot,I do not know if that is true,but I would like to know if it will work,thanks.
Yes you have the slot,all Calibers do according to the parts manual
and as I said before"in order to have it from the factory you MUST have
ordered THE SECURITY PACKAGE which includes cabin filter,tonneau cover
and security alarm system".
Why don't you look?
It only takes 5 minutes to drop the glovebox door and check visually.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bigtsr, I did check and i do have the slot and I will buy a filter sometime in the near future. I am glad I got registered to the forum very helpful

·
Registered
80 Posts
From the listings it looks like all do come with a filter part number 05058381AA retails at $17.90 Canadian, club price is $13.43

adam
Hi adam,

When you refer to club price, what kind of club do you mean ? Being in Europe, is there, as far as you know, a similar thing overhere as well?? Will have to check whether my daughter has got such a pollen filter (I assume it is a pollenfilter people do mean when talking about a "cabin airfilter" ??) installed, if not will get it from the dealer and install as well.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cabin Air filter(Heat and air filter)

I have looked all over for a filter, but so far it is a dealer item and to top it off all the dealers around Toledo,Ohio are or were atleast a month ago are on back order. Has anyone seen or heard where to buy other than dealer? Just wondering.:feedback:

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
I just checked all the major filter manufactures and could not even find a listing for the cabin filter. Unless another member knows somthing else it looks like its a dealer item only for now.

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
I was looking for a replacement cabin air filter for CaliberMan71 beside the dealer route. Could not find anything except oem. Maybe if he checks that link he can get one sooner then the backlog dealer, thanks.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
It's under maintenance items there, unfortunately there is no way to directly link to the item.:confused: This is the part #5058381AA

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Must I hold your hands?:D Ex is right, there was no way to direct link it. I tried repeatedly. Follow this: left side click on Caliber, left side click on 2007, center of page click on Maintenance, next page click on Cabin Air Filter.

There are no after market Cabin air filters for the Caliber at this time.;)

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
I found the the filter from the link when I check it and saw it was an oem filter. Thants why I said he could check that route since his dealer is backlog on it, its the same filter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't understand why the dealer would take so long to get. I just ordered the filter from my dealer last week. Took 1 day to have it shipped from the Los Angeles depot. There were plenty of them in stock there as well as at the Detroit depot. Either way it should only take a few days for your dealer to get one for you.

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
Wix is finally coming out with a replacement cabin air filter for the Caliber. It is model 24578. Their website list this as a temporary stock number but I have learned from the past that the temporary stock number will become the final stock number.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here is a pic! Also I see there is a wire connector hanging inside... Anyone know what that is for???

Just took these shots in my garage... boy it was hot in there! Espescially fiddling with the compartment that did not want to go back in right! lol...

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I also have that option (though the security package) and I always thought that was bogus.

What good is an air filter if you ever roll down the windows or use the sun roof (wich I also have).

My dealer couldn't answer that. :4-looney:

Anyhow. Not like I'll remove it or anything. I suppose it'll have it's purpose in winter. Though I dont suppose pollen will be much of an issue in january.:cool:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Filter also provides a spot to put a few drops of scented car deoderizer
to help get rid of the stale or wet smells.
Works on mine !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts