Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My instrument panel brake light comes on every day. Sometimes it goes off and then later comes back on again, sometimes flashing and sometimes staying on. I've stopped using the parking brake in case the instrument panel brake light indicator might be related to the parking brake. The abovementioned problem persists. There doesn't seem to be any performance problem related to this "light" problem. Any ideas?..Ger

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ground wire on the front passenger side of the engine compartment, in front of the reservoir bottles, is failing. 8 different circuits get their ground there, with the parking brake circuit being one of them. I actually made a video on YT showing the location and how to fix it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Buenas, no creo sea un problema grave. Puede ser lo que comenta el compañero. Pero yo me inclino porque la chapita que hay en la palanca de freno de mano hace mal contacto. La palanca de freno es metalica (- Masa) y lleva una chapita que es positivo (+) lleva un aislante y una pestaña de cobre, al poner el Freno de estacionamiento el circuito queda abierto y se enciende luz en el cuadro.
Lo malo es que hay que quitar toda la parte central para acceder. No es dificil pero si entretenido.

saludos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts