Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definitely looking for some help on this one. I've searched the site and have seen people asking this question, but haven't found a direct answer.
My sxt has the base 4 system, which honestly, doesn't sound too bad at all. It might honestly have aftermarket speakers. Haven't taken the panels off yet though to know for sure.

But anyways, I was at the junkyard today, and noticed one of them had the Boston acoustics sound system in it. As it already sounds way better than my last car, I opted not to take the time and effort to get every speaker and the full wiring harness and amps out. i did however snag the tweeters and the subwoofer and amp.

My question here is, if I get a line out converter, is it possible to still use that amp with the sub? If so, there are 7 wires coming off the connector (which I also cut off and snagged). Just curious as to which wire is which. I know it's a dual cone subwoofer, so there should be 2 sets of positive and negative wires for the LOC, right? Then would it be your normal pos/neg/rem set up? Anyone know which colors are which?

the tweeters, I'm not so worried about. I picked up a couple of 2.8 k high pass filters off eBay, and I figure I can just run those in parallel with the door speakers.

But if anyone has any knowledge on the subwoofer situation, any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Daniel

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, it is a 10 pin connector with only 7 wires used.
Im guessing these are the Inputs:
green/grey stripe and green/lt green stripe
grey/Dk green stripe and grey/lt green stripe

then there is a black/blue stripe (ground?)
red/green stripe
red/grey stripe (might be the other way around?)

Finger Hand Electronic device Fictional character Chocolate

· Registered
2 Posts
Question I have the base model and I was also at the scrap yard and I ripped out the subwoofer and a little box that was in the floor behind the back seats and the amplifier for the sub I'm just not sure how to connect it all here

· Registered
601 Posts
I think, not only do you want the sub, and amp, but you’ll need the correct head unit to supply all those signals [front dash tweets, front door fulls, rear door fulls, back hatch mids, trunk area sub].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.