Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Warning: If you are thinking of doing this mod, read a horror story first- http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=24589

NOTE:
STEP-BY-STEP BEGINS ON PAGE 3 OF THIS THREAD :)

I did it! Got the bumper off, took out the headlights and painted the housing black. IMO I think it looks way better than the eBay "projectors" do, and it cost way less as well. It looks stunning, very smooth and clean from what I've been told by some people. I've got complete how to and DIY pictures if you would like.

I decided to leave the chrome rings and the > shape by the turn signal just so they wouldn't look so dull. They reflect the same amount of light as before and the car is perfectly visible in the dark.

Here's the before pic, I'm sure I don't actually need to post this pic...

And here's the after :D, it's nice to know this is the only car out there that has these... for now i guess.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
also ever since ive gotten my caliber ive wanted to take the orange reflectors off i think they just dont look right on there...
Those are your front side markers. They legally have to be amber. Any other color will get you a ticket. Why do you think all cars have the same colors in the same place?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
way dope and i am going to do that.
plz post info on DIY

ps-
I got one of the Caliber install/remove any-part how-to manuals. Its in pdf form and hella sweet- let me know if you need to see a diagram or questions on how to do stuff in future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
plz post info on DIY

ps-
I got one of the Caliber install/remove any-part how-to manuals. Its in pdf form and hella sweet- let me know if you need to see a diagram or questions on how to do stuff in future.
Yeah man, I'm going to PM you on this. :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
plz post info on DIY

ps-
haha it definetely would of been nice to have that. oh well, i'll keep that in mind.

·
Dodge Caliber Forums
1,295 Posts
Those are your front side markers. They legally have to be amber. Any other color will get you a ticket. Why do you think all cars have the same colors in the same place?:rolleyes:
It looks like he still has the orange marker lights so they still should be amber from the side, just the reflectors were removed.:wow: I think it looks great.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
It looks like he still has the orange marker lights so they still should be amber from the side, just the reflectors were removed.:wow: I think it looks great.
One must pay attention. The pictures are of nbrown's mod, smc was the one that wanted to remove the marker ambers. The reflectors and amber remain the same as original on the mod.:str:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sooo ya gonna post a step by step err what here? plz! I'm dying to do this mod!
it's coming. i've got about 25-30 pics at home... i'd rather post step-by-step with pics then post step by step and then pics to show what i mean.

i appreciate all the comments guys :D... i'm getting so many from ppl at work as well :)

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
i appreciate all the comments guys :D... i'm getting so many from ppl at work as well :)
Yeah, but only the comments from Caliber owners count.;):D

D

·
0 Posts
damn dude nice job, simple but goes a long ways, could u give me a few notes on how to do? peace!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I did it! Got the bumper off, took out the headlights and painted the housing black. IMO I think it looks way better than the eBay "projectors" do, and it cost way less as well. It looks stunning, very smooth and clean from what I've been told by some people. I've got complete how to and DIY pictures if you would like.

I decided to leave the chrome rings and the > shape by the turn signal just so they wouldn't look so dull. They reflect the same amount of light as before and the car is perfectly visible in the dark.

NIIIIIIIICE job!!!!!!!:rockon:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts