Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The steering on my 2007 dodge caliber sxt is messing up. When I turn the wheel becomes stuck once I'm going straight, and it looks like my car is out of alignment but eventually, it pops back into place and I can feel the car jerk back into place. I've replaced a wheel bearing, a control arm, all 4 tie rods, and rack and pinion. I've also had 2 alignments in the last 3 months. The second alignment they had to redo because the mechanic showed me my left tire moved up close to the front of the car, but there is still room and on the other side the wheel is closer to the passenger door but there is still space.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you need to find a new alignment shop. No way they should have seen it that far out of wack and simply done an alignment without identifying the problem. Have you looked at the condition of the subframe? What about the other control arm?

·
Registered
507 Posts
It almost sounds like the subframe is twisted such that it's moved the driver side wheel forwards and the passenger side wheel backwards. Wonder if the frame has failed or if the car was in an accident and not straightened out properly.

·
Registered
653 Posts
These sub frames are known to rot out and twist. They are only held to the unibody by 4 bolts. A new subframe is like $500 plus installation. Other thing could be is your lower control arm bushings are totally worn out and the control arms have shifted forward or backward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts