Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Black Caliber. I've got the auxiliary audio input on the stock cd stereo. I had a cable plugged into it and the cable got sat on snapping the audio jack. It used to then play out of only one side, but now no longer works.I want to know if there is a way to either buy just the auxiliary jack and replace it or to pull apart the stereo and fix the input? Does anyone have any idea the best way to fix this without having to buy a whole new stereo? Thanks

P.S. I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this, I'm BRAND new to the club... thanks!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
The connection has probably been broken from the circuit board. It might be fixable if it's easily accessible, and the circuit board hasn't been broken. Getting the replacement part could also be an issue. There's a lot of "ifs" and that's about all I can offer since I've never had one of these radios open. You might be better off trying to find a used one off of ebay or Craig's list.

·
Super Moderator
12,090 Posts
Getting it repaired will cost same as used unit.

Taking it apart for the socket you risk losing the whole unit.

But if you are handy with the solder and take risks you could jerry rig a new socket & wire it to the broken connections.

Finally if your unit has a sat or multichanger input you can connect a new input there.

PS why not put your Cali details into your UserCP for others.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
You should be able to find a replacement jack that will work at Radio Shack. I wouldn't think that there could have been that much damage done internally.
I wouldn't bet on it. I fixed my son's Zune output jack, but it required going to a "real" electronics parts store, and it still required ordering it and waiting 3 weeks. To top it off, it wasn't the right one, but by bending 2 of the leads, and running 30ga wire to the circuit board I was able to make it work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts